[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my house was hit by lightning yesterday, the room in which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: photo.png (2MB, 1301x971px) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
2MB, 1301x971px
So my house was hit by lightning yesterday, the room in which my TV is located could not turn on any longer, untill the powercord had been removed and reinserted the remote control also stopped working after it had powered on the TV.
My question is one of the batteries (alkaline) in the remote control has burst, is this due to lightning hitting the building and should I be worried for my other devices that have batteries in them?
>>
>my house was hit by lightning yesterday
You've got to be the unluckiest cunt of the decade. How loud was it?
>>
>>9140296
cannot really describe the sound other than it stuns you, like you see the flash and then I usually count how many seconds after the boom hits but it was there instantly. I was also hit by a jolt of lightning that came between my keyboard and hand.
>>
>>9140306
if there was enough voltage to shock you while you were sitting at your keyboard then your electronic devices were probably damaged as well.

I read a story some years ago about a library which wasn't struck directly by lightning, but it was close enough that the EMP induced current in nearby devices and damaged their circuitry. Lights flickered. Several hard drives failed. One unfortunate chap's laptop shut off and never turned on again. Considering your computer still works I would consider you lucky.
>>
>>9140306
Do you have visible marks/burns on your hand? Also, check the other batteries just in case.
>>
>>9140338
I think the jolt happened because my keyboard has an aluminium face plate. I think it damaged the remote controls circuit because that thing is dead. so yeah it's pretty lucky as it's the only thing that was affected by it.
>>9140339
no nothing visible just the same sort of buzz as if you've been electrocuted while putting up lights or other electric work in the minutes after.
>>
How does lightening effect the remote control though? Wasn't it on the sofa or something?
>>
>>9140507
could be emp, could be coincidence
>>
>>9140288
lucky bitch, my tv got fried from lightning and it didnt even hit my house
>>
>>9140507
I don't know, but I'm fairly sure that the battery overcharged the moment I tried to turn on the tv. When I flipped the remote to check on the batteries the oxidation hadn't occurred.
>>
>>9140398
>same sort of buzz as if you've been electrocuted
Oh you are full of shit.
That's what alternating current feels like.

Direct current has no buzz.
>>
>>9140507

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBW-Prv_MC8

now imagine that wire was made out of plasma and it was conducting several billion watts in a split second.
>>
>>9140701
I'm bretty sure he's talking about the feeling after the shock, you get a specific feeling after being shocked.
>>
>>9140288
>tv didn't work until the powercord had been unplugged, and plugged back in.
thats normal, that is caused by the the protection function that a lot of pricey electronics have
>battery exploded
that happened because you are a shekel pincher
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.