[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is this a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: img.jpg (41KB, 685x539px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
41KB, 685x539px
is this a meme?
>>
What the fuck whould magnets do to a tumor?
>>
>>9139909
Are you illiterate
>>
>>9139909

All the metal is in the tumor then the magnet rips the tumor our like magneto
>>
I'll take what is localized induction heating to kill tumor cells for $ 1000.
>>
>>9139893
Question: how magnetic nanoparticle are supposed to know where to go?
>>
>>9139893
creating massive burns inside your body seems like a really terrible idea. also, there is no way all the paritcles will only be in the tumor
>>
>>9139954
the tumor is more active than the surrounding tissue so it will absorb more particles
>>
>>9139964
It sounds not enough to avoid heavier collateral damage than plain chemio.

This would only work if it's possible to implant a magned inside the tumor, and even then is more practical to just remove it.

Metastatic cancer would also be completelly immune from this tecnique.
>>
So like, are the nanoparticles injected into the tumor directly, or do they know where to go from the left shoulder
>>
Sounds interesting if it was coupled with immunotherapy to target the nanoparticles to the tumor.
>>
>>9139954
I was involved in project that wanted to check, how strong forces can be applied on metal (nano) particles with an external field.
The idea can be, to navigate the particles with an external field. It might also possible, to do realtime imaging from the particles.
>>
>>9140265

The third option, which is they are tagged with chemicals the tumor is already trying to absorb, and the particles get pulled out of the blood stream into the tumor automatically. Similar to chemotherapy, but the chemicals involved don't do damage on their way to the tumor.
>>
>>9139954
They use latex embedded with magnetic particles and coated with enzymes that will only latch onto cancer cells.

The same tecnique is used in some reagents that are used to test for hormones in the blood, its called immunoassay.
>>
FUCK i mean, you'd need like a 1-2Tesla Magnet to make that shit move.

Fuck that, what if i have too much iron in my blood?
>>
>>9142833
>Hyperthermia
>hyper
>thermia

I think you misunderstood the point. It seems to be to heat the tumor so it dies.
>>
>>9143397
So it works like a high frequency inductor?
Wither way it could be risky for the body
>>
>>9139954
>>9140265

Even without targeting mechanisms (cellular labels), nanoparticles tend to accumulate in tumours via the EPR effect (Google it). Tumors tend to be leaky and porous, localizing particles in a manner not to different from the way an oil filter works, if the particle sizes are small enough. However, systemic delivery is means a very small portion actually gets into the intended site
>>
>>9145394
Typing on phone, please excuse the typos
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.