[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 Days for Dif.Eq.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1500051244600.png (510KB, 497x501px) Image search: [Google]
1500051244600.png
510KB, 497x501px
So, I've got the Differential Equations Revision Final in September 20th, but I'm pretty clueless about it. I didn't have enough time to study it during the semester, so I just did a speedrun of the whole curriculum and ended up scoring a 2/10 during the June final. Anyway, you can take the final as many times as you want here, until you pass, so I'm taking it again during September's Revision Period

Problem is, I remember little, and the subject confused me a bit. I have no notes (long story short I don't go to class,and most of the time, neither do the proffs) and I have only one book: William E Boyce Elementary Differential Equations Solutions

Does anyone have any tips or any other books I could buy? I took the majority of the "classes" that were under the Dif.Eq. Branch over at Khan Academy as well.
>>
go to your uni's differential equations class websites. maybe there's some stuff there. if not, go to other uni's ode class websites. try to find ones with solutions
>>
>>9139876
I've downloaded the notes, and the Professor has a few exercises, but I wantto understand the material,not learn a few things by heart. Do you know of any good books?
>>
>>9139881
its lower div undergrad dude. trying to understand is a waste of your time. just learn how to do common problems, even if you have to memorize some.

for starters:

you can solve ODEs like x'' +1 , right?
>>
>>9139886
correction:
x'' + x = 0
>>
>>9139886
>>9139890
Yeah, I remember doing some of these back in June. I'll probably brush up on the basics (first chapter or so), but I'm worried about the more "advanced" stuff. Guess I could just look at the exercises of the previous exams to get the hang of it.
>>
>>9139907
exercise from previous exams will be good if they are diverse. i can really remember the advanced stuff from diff eqs, but i rember towards the end of my class we got into lapace transforms, which have some annoying memorizations.
>>
>>9139922
I looked over at the curriculum again, and he lists "Linear Algebra" under the "Required Knowledge" part. The Linear Algebra & Bector Analysis Prof. is completely awful(we're talking "never shows up, when he does he rambles" bad) and I left those classes for later. Do I really NEED LA for DE?
>>
>>9139979
hhmmm

well finding eigen values and eigen vectors is part of the method of how to solve a linear system of differential equations. i dont remember if this was on diff eqs class.

I think there's a method (the wronskian ?) where you have to find a determinant. but finding a determinant at the lower division undergrad level is easy
>>
>>9139991
Yeah, I don't know any of that (when I was writting doing the curriculum back in February I was going by the names of the chapters he had written down and finding them in my book), but I guess I'll have to go through that.

Thanks for the info anon.
>>
>>9140429
yup. good luck
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.