[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he an atheist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: weafsafasa.jpg (59KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
weafsafasa.jpg
59KB, 850x400px
Was he an atheist?
>>
>>9139025
Source?
>>
>>9139025
He was definitely not religious. Agnostic at most.
>>
>>9139025
He was agnostic. He spent his last days hanging around a priest because he was terrified of the thought that death = annihilation. He asked the priest to give him last rites and invoke Pascal's wager, but the priest stated later that it didn't ease JvN's mind at all and he was still full of dread until the day he died.
>>
File: 1504121539317.jpg (146KB, 624x728px) Image search: [Google]
1504121539317.jpg
146KB, 624x728px
Neumann hated communism because he wasn't PHENOTYPICALLY endowed.
>>
>>9139025
I think most stuff would be even easier to explain if magic existed.
>>
>>9139126
Are you fucking kidding me man? Look at his fucking noggin. Von Neumann hated communism because Russians and Jews are niggers and he didn't want to live as their serf. White power.
>>
>>9139025
>In 1955, von Neumann was diagnosed with what was either bone or pancreatic cancer.[175] He invited a Roman Catholic priest, Father Anselm Strittmatter, O.S.B., to visit him for consultation.[18] Von Neumann reportedly said in explanation that Pascal had a point, referring to Pascal's Wager.[176][177][178] Father Strittmatter administered the last rites to him.[18] Some of von Neumann's friends (such as Abraham Pais and Oskar Morgenstern) said they had always believed him to be "completely agnostic."[177][179] Of this deathbed conversion, Morgenstern told Heims, "He was of course completely agnostic all his life, and then he suddenly turned Catholic—it doesn't agree with anything whatsoever in his attitude, outlook and thinking when he was healthy."[180] Father Strittmatter recalled that von Neumann did not receive much peace or comfort from it, as he still remained terrified of death.[180]
>>
>>9139144
>>9139025

on the contrary if magic / god existed then none of what we have discovered about reality makes the slightest bit of sense.
>>
>>9139225
>white power

Hahahhahahah.
>>
If you're terrified of death, you're probably a brainlet. Goes to show how far hard work can take you.
>>
>>9139303
Von Neuman was probably the greatest mind in recorded human history.
>>
>>9139503
Obviously not in some aspects, he got trapped by le mortality and le ideology.
>>
>>9139235
you have a very poor notion of god.
>>
>>9139590

these things are irrelevant, as a creative problem solver he was without peer.
>>
File: John_von_neumann_tomb_2004.jpg (624KB, 1299x896px) Image search: [Google]
John_von_neumann_tomb_2004.jpg
624KB, 1299x896px
>>9139025
I think he was an agnostic believer. I also think he was probably the smartest human to have ever lived, and if he brain had run for another 40 years we'd all be living very different lives.
>>
>>9139225
>White power
Von Neumann was a Jew
>>
>>9139025
psychology
>>>/x/
>>
>>9139945
he was /ourjew/
>>
>>9139126
Stalin wasn't a communist, he was a paranoid megalomaniacal opportunist who captured the soviet union and destroyed it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.