[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meeting smart people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 3

File: incognito.jpg (331KB, 600x932px) Image search: [Google]
incognito.jpg
331KB, 600x932px
Hey guys, brainlet here. I really like reading pop sci books, have read surely you're joking mr feynman and some brain books like pic related. I don't know anyone else who reads non-fiction in their spare time, seems like everyone in my math/science classes (general chem/mechanics/calc 1) don't talk about science outside of the classroom.

Where do I find the turbonerds who have read the original works of newton/Euclid, or even just some pop sci books? I'm not interested in sports and talking about video games all the time is dull, but it's the only common ground I have with people usually. My already tiny brain is turning to mush.
>>
File: IMG_0172.jpg (98KB, 803x1192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0172.jpg
98KB, 803x1192px
>>9138131
That reminds me of a more interesting and rigorous science book written for a general audience. I haven't read it but I highly respect the author and his work, check it out.
>>
Excellent observation. Most people's interest stops at the extent of thier official obligation. The real physicists who will bring us into complete paradigm shifts are those who endlessly discuss foundational questions in physics, such as the unsolved 19th century electromagnetic paradoxes as elucidated by the ignorant Ashkenazi, Feynman, in his noble speech. If feynman had bothered to care about the foundational questions he complained of not solving, he would know that these late 19th century mysteries were solved in the mid 19th, by weber's force law. Shrodinger in the 1920's, used webers force law to derive the precession of the perhelion of mercury's orbit, shrodinger's physics friends cared about physics, but feynman and his friends only cared about prestige, and so lacked the necessary curiousty in thier discussions which never led to the information which Feynman needed to solve what he and other late 20th century thinkers believed in ignorance of weber, we're still mysteries, lol.
>>
>>9138131
go to grad school, i swap non-fiction science oriented books with people all the times, i actually got laid because of a book on prions, not even joking. well not really because of it, but it was used as a segway to get me into her room
>>
File: 1503673369478.jpg (5KB, 177x284px) Image search: [Google]
1503673369478.jpg
5KB, 177x284px
Try meetup.com, I went to a meet up about the future of machine learning that I had absolutely no business going to (I'm a massive brainlet).

I try to read non-fiction in my spare time (mostly textbooks or journal articles) but I honestly don't have the discipline or focus.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.