[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the meaning of life?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: running.gif (498KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
running.gif
498KB, 500x260px
What is the meaning of life?
>>
File: thumbnail_61886.jpg (49KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_61886.jpg
49KB, 400x300px
>>9137439
to interpret meaning
sensu biosemiotics
>>
Depends how you define meaning
Life doesnt have a meaning really, its just very complex forms of matter that reproduces and keeps its cycle.
If you ask why(how) did it start, we dont have much evidence as or happened looooong ago, but te reason it kept happening may be sheer luck( earth temperature & elements(water,carbon,calcium,etc) moon, seasons)

actually the only life that we see there is, like animals, are "programmed" to reproduce, if they werent, they would just die leaving no descendent and desappearing forever
English is not my first languaje btw cheers
>>
>>9137439
time which sometimes means
>>
Maybe life that doesnt reproduce have existed may it be new beings or natural evolution, but disappeared for obvious. Reasons
>>
>>9137439
I am cum
>>
>>9137449
WHAT DOTH LIFE?
>>
File: the last question.jpg (47KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
the last question.jpg
47KB, 500x325px
>>9137439
To achieve Immortality
To escape/reverse/control entropy and achieve godhood. (also known as the last question any being would ever want to wonder about)
>>
File: trek.gif (3MB, 300x236px) Image search: [Google]
trek.gif
3MB, 300x236px
>>9137439
OP
>>
the question implies intent, and with intent a sentient creator. neither of these exist, therefore there is no meaning.
>>
>>9138169
See
>>9137449
>>
>>9137439
Reach our full potential & achieve goodlike magical powers.
Just like Pepe turned into Kek.
Praise Kek.
>>
To shit on everyone else
To get to that level where you can just shit on everyone and no-one can do anything about it
>>
>>9137439
life/līf/
noun

the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.
the existence of an individual human being or animal.
the period between the birth and death of a living thing, especially a human being.
(in art) the depiction of a subject from a real model, rather than from an artist's imagination.
>>
>>9137479
More like pie =3

Give me upboats
>>
>>9138169
We could be living in a simulation, anon.

Black science guy and Elon Musk believes we are.
>>
There probably is no direct meaning to life, but life can still be amazing, fulfilling, satisfying, etc. What is actually occurring around us is the competition of unfathomable complex organizations of concious or somewhat concious energy to survive. And why? Because life can feel amazing, and that is what life is striving to accomplish. To feel good, to feel well.
>>
>>9137439
Why should I tell you!
>>
This doesn't seem to have anything to do with science or math. Has /sci/ really stooped this low? Biologically speaking, keeping your genes or self alive is important. Obviously this means mans ultimate goal is to be immortal, thus creating the perfect preservation of self.
>>
>>9137439
To survive for as long as possible.
>>
>>9138140
This is the only answer if you are an anthropic materialist. Other meanings depend on your world view
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.