[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (380KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
380KB, 600x600px
Why does love, from a biological standpoint, exist if it's not 100% guaranteed both ways? Wouldn't it be more efficient to have a guaranteed mate somehow, like with pheromones reacting or matching "soulmate" behavior, than it would be to have the risk of failure to find a mate? Or is love really a chemical reaction to separate the weak from the strong?
>>
fucking autism
>>
>>9137353
You're forgetting that love is nothing only something you can feel towards another possible mate, but also towards family and people that are close to you.

Biologically it makes sense since humans we're dependant on each other. So love allows us to bond and help ourselves and our tribe/family.

If you're interested in the details then you can go read about evolutionary psychology.
>>
>>9137353
We had guaranteed mates in the past. It was called rape. But for some reason, we "evolved" and invented criminal charges for rape and abortion for rape victims. Pretty weird if you ask me. It is actually funny because if you think about it people who rape are usually genetically inferior as they cannot get women but rape was the way for even the genetically inferior to pass on their genes, so humanity did this completely ass backward way of fixing that: developing intelligence, then developing society, then developing laws and then developing rape laws. Think about it. We evolved intelligence just to close the evolutionary loophole that was rape. Fucking amazing.
>>
>>9137353
Baby don't hurt me
>>
>>9137383
Love doesn't have some shadowy ulterior evolutionary motive, it has evolutionary benefits but wasn't "designed" for those benefits, it's just something that comes naturally to self-aware beings, evo psych is garbage
>>
>>9137395
Don't hurt me. Come on.
>>
"the habit of loving, to regard another's happiness as one's own"
liebniz inventor of calculus, taken from his gentium diplomaticus.
>>
File: 1503990987130.jpg (312KB, 805x580px) Image search: [Google]
1503990987130.jpg
312KB, 805x580px
>>9137353
It's just a feeling primates (or whatever animals) have to help them bond because social cohesion is evolutionarily advantageous for the species. It's like how the feeling of horniness helps us to reproduce.
>>
File: 1501730544324.jpg (702KB, 1640x1272px) Image search: [Google]
1501730544324.jpg
702KB, 1640x1272px
>>9137353
Because evolved traits are not the best theoritically possible ones, but the best ones out of the spectrum of possibilities of the organism's history of random mutations.
Also a species is not a hivemind that evolves harmoniously. It's fractured into individuals that are in competition with each other.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.