[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have trouble learning something unless they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: 1350355929364.jpg (34KB, 221x221px) Image search: [Google]
1350355929364.jpg
34KB, 221x221px
Does anyone else have trouble learning something unless they know every detail about the subject they're learning about? Do you also have trouble learning things from a website and find it easier to learn from physical books?

For example, I have difficulty understanding something or learning a skill by reading bits and pieces of information on the internet. I only seem able to learn something by going through a textbook that covers pretty much everything within the scope of what I need to know. Especially if it involves working through problems.

Textbooks also help me remember information more easily, because I can recall a chapter in the text and remember what a specific section of it discussed. This seems harder to do with information written online, even when it is organized, because it always seems disjointed to me. Books tend to be more comprehensive and more easy to visualize when I am remembering what I read.

I also have an easier time learning from a physical book that I can hold and page through, rather than from text on a screen. Not only that, even my posture and the angle of my head seems to affect how well I can focus on a text. For example, I am better at reading from a book that I am hunched over, rather than from a pdf displayed on a monitor in front of my body.
>>
>>9135174
real books can be easier to learn with
>>
You can think of websites as mostly reference books with some very specific concepts explained in a very succinct way.
While textbooks can be either the type that is explanatory and covers most of the concepts or problem sets, neither of which is found in reference books, which merely summarize the explanations and represent them in a most accessible, memorable way.
This distinction, explanatory vs reference kind of material is the key that you seem to be missing.
>>
>>9135174
I'm like this too, but I've gotten better at not doing it with programming. If I spent all my time trying to learn every module method and class I use I wouldn't be able to get anything done.
>>
File: 1503634804523.jpg (58KB, 564x846px) Image search: [Google]
1503634804523.jpg
58KB, 564x846px
>>9135174
holy fuck, are you me?
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.