[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help reinvent language with physics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: RGS0iBm.jpg (636KB, 1040x1300px) Image search: [Google]
RGS0iBm.jpg
636KB, 1040x1300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUAKOgxiXKg
He's hinting at some sort relativistic language paradox as if quantum behavior can be observed in etymology and words. I'm not good enough at logic or language to argue his point, but I want to be. Can someone argue for the sake of the 'a fish is not wet when submerged' guy?
>>
>>9133121

I would start with the way that dryness and wetness are relative to each other. The existence of one concept is dependent on the other. For a fish that is submerged it's entire life, the concept of dryness is nonexistent. This makes the concept of wetness irrelevant. Therefore, fish cannot be wet.
>>
File: 12767101_f496.jpg (31KB, 496x298px) Image search: [Google]
12767101_f496.jpg
31KB, 496x298px
Actually it seems like fish 'sweat' water. They're also totally coated with oils like mammals are. I don't think eukaryotic cells do very well when they're permanently submerged in water so there has to be a medium constantly between the fish and the water, leaving us to consider them 'dry'. Although we can say one can be 'wet' with oil, that would mean that humans are also constantly wet as our own skin isn't dry like a rock. So for the sake of practicality, the definition of wet must mean the subject matter being in direct contact with water.

Notwithstanding this idea that fish are dry in the water, the argument ultimately will need to address whether or not water itself is defined as 'wet'.
>>
>quantum behavior
>in etymology
Just stop. You're not good enough at anything to realize exactly how nonsensical every part of this is.
>>
>>9133124

Although with this logic, fish being dry for this reason is like saying human being are not all of the irrelevant things we are.

A boy is not a sea otter. It's irrelevant to humans to consider whether or not a boy is an otter, but that does not mean that a boy is not a kangaroo. A boy is not an otter.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.