[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gravity has an infinite range and yet the universe is still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1503505401004.jpg (884KB, 1438x1465px) Image search: [Google]
1503505401004.jpg
884KB, 1438x1465px
>Gravity has an infinite range and yet the universe is still expanding

Explains this
>>
>>9132722
Weak ass force is weak ass.
>>
>>9132722
It turns out that forces that scale inverse-square are not necessarily enough to stop expansion, even if space itself wasn't expanding.
>>
Dark Energy
>>
>>9132722
Because things need mass to interact with gravity.
Where else are you going to get those graviton gauge boson from?
>>
>>9132722
Just because something is capable of having an effect over an infinite distance doesn't mean that the space that it's in is infinite. It just means that if the space were infinite, then it would have an effect everywhere in that space
>>
>>9132754
>it's not strong enough to stop expansion even if it weren't expanding
wat
>>
>>9132946
Um, anon. The universe is probably infinite and always has been. The cosmological constant, as far as we can tell, is 1.
>>
File: 101.jpg (143KB, 860x460px) Image search: [Google]
101.jpg
143KB, 860x460px
>>9132722
Gravity isn't actually some distinctly existing thing that pulls on objects. It's a word for the observed consequences of objects warping space-time and the warped space-time forming paths for other objects to move along. e.g. It's not really that Earth send out gravity waves that pull the moon in an orbit around itself but rather that Earth has enough mass to make an indentation in space-time which creates a path that makes the moon orbit around it like water circling a drain.
>>
>>9133111
Yea but what is the nature of space time, why does it change shape because of mass.
>>
view my post in another thread
>>
>>9133111

>objects warping space time
>>
>>9132722
Does gravity has infinite range? Is not limited by the planc constants?
>>
>>9133139
Yes, and?
>>
>>9133111
How does the warping of space manifest as a force
>>
>>9133111
that whole "warping space time" and your image are really good visual references for brainlets, but its still a load of hokey
>>
>>9133491
Well if you have a 3D picture of the 4D hyperbolic spacetime distortion at hand, it would be really nice wouldn't it?
>>
If anti-matter is anti does that mean it's anti-gravity as well? Like if my pc was antimatter made would I have to glue it to the table so it doesn't fly away?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.