[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

grit is a talent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: clock.jpg (29KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
clock.jpg
29KB, 460x460px
Specifically hard work, determination, and grit are not distinct from talent, but they are a component of it. This is a bit weird to see but think about it.
Everyone is required to work within the same 24 hours. So you may be "smarter" than someone but yet be less talented than they are.
Because their ability to be in the lab at 6 am every day grinding instead of hitting the snooze button 6 times is a talent. Sure you can tell yourself you could do it if you wanted to, but that's just an excuse, isn't it?
>>
>>9132453
It's an excuse.
>>
>>9132453
>confusing talent with skill
Another one of these episodes. I was going to write more but you're not worth it.
>>
>>9132453
The thing is, today's world, people value hardwork more than intellect. People in the industry want people who turns up on time, does their work diligently and generally people who they can depend on. It doesn't mean shit if you can process things faster if you keep turning up late for work, don't give me quality work and keep taking leaves and excuses for not doing your shit. I rather take someone who has responsibility rather than intellect, it doesn't matter if you're slightly slower, I can train you.

t. Employer
A 3.8 GPA grinder > 3.8 GPA slacker in my opinion. I don't give a shit if you went to Harvard if you don't do well enough to help our company raise our profit margins, I'll sure as hell kick you out and go as far as getting a dude from Rutgers that can.
>>
>>9133740
>in today's world
I hope you mean today as in the last 200 years

working some shit job won't get you anywhere though
only having the sheer clarity of mind to make the breakthrough gets people places
work hard and you'll just be a cog forever
man's genius is not to be wasted as human capital but to transform it
>>
>>9133747
Not a shit job though. I help manage a upper tier law firm. Although I would still feel that only in Academia intellect takes more of a front seat, but how I would rank it is, Hard Work > Intellect. Intellect without hardwork is a waste. Intellect with Hardwork puts you in the top of the top, but just hardwork and decent intellect puts in you in the top, it will still set you on a course to success.

Rarely have my best Lawyers been the best because of simply intellect. It's either they are smart and hardworking or simply hardworking which I still do respect. I find people who are smart but don't take responsibilities and have no diligence unbearable. Just ask any law firm or even any firm, what do they want more, responsibility and ownership or just plain intellect, most would put the former in the front seat and the latter in the back seat, because as I said, I need people that gets shit done that doesn't, people who don't disappoint.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.