[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be required for longer lifespan.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 91QQ4ioL7bL._SL1500_.jpg (296KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
91QQ4ioL7bL._SL1500_.jpg
296KB, 1500x1500px
What conditions on earth would be necessary for humans to live, say, 800 years? What differences in atmosphere would be necessary? What differences in enviornment overall?

I'm just curious.
>>
>>9131670
Why would you want to live more?
Why research things without thinking about the long term consequences? Just so you could get grant money and a professor title?
Go research about transplanting an uterus in a male you autistic freak, I'm killing myself if I have to spend more than 100 years on earth
>>
>>9131670
For starters the atmosphere would need to be nearly 100% thc before 800 year lifespan could even be considered
>>
>>9131670
the lifespan limitation is intrinsic. improving the atmosphere won't bring any extras.
you'd have to put specific bioengineered gene transfer viruses into the air if you wanted that.
>>
>>9131670
Less oxygen, less calories, more sleep

/thread
>>
>>9131735
>doing /thread on your own comment
how new are you?
>>
File: IMG_0012.jpg (400KB, 1346x1501px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0012.jpg
400KB, 1346x1501px
We are still unsure of the root causes of old age and death via old age. We believe it has to do with telomeres and replication being inefficient, but we don't have a complete picture.
This is because it is extremely difficult to know what our genes do. Imagine the gene for blue eyes. It exists in the human population as recessive, and continues to exist because it is sometimes selected positively for (blue eyes are attractive to some). However, what if the presence of the blue eye gene causes a reaction in the body. Say X material (that builds up with age) has a neutral/nonexistent effect in a body that lacks the blue eyes gene. However, with both present, X acts as a sort of toxin for the body and ultimately kills it as it ages.
We would be hard pressed to find this connection between blue eyes and X because blue eyes can be present in the genetic material of the body and yet not be expressed phenotypically while still having the deadly effect to the elderly.
This, the only way for natural selection to begin selecting for genes that DON'T harm you as you age is for those genes to have an immediate semi-lethal or lethal impact. Thus, the age of reproduction has to be slowly increased on a population-wide scale. Say we restrict breeding to forty or above for a few generations, then we raise it further and further.
You could conceivably increase the human lifespan by a couple centuries this way.
>>
>>9131739
/post/post
>>
>>9131670
>What conditions on earth would be necessary for humans to live, say, 800 years?
Living before the Great Flood.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.