[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

math

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Suicide.gif (173KB, 600x630px) Image search: [Google]
Suicide.gif
173KB, 600x630px
up coming math test and its really fucking hard, and if i fail ill probably kill my self. any advice /sci/?
>>
dumb frogposter
>>
>>9131405
Practice more. There's no math gene, people only get good by practising. Leave /sci/ right now, read about the things you don't fully understand, and then practice every relevant exercise you can get your hands on.
If you actually do this you'll do really well, but you're probably too lazy to bother, and you'd would rather cry on /sci/ about being a brainlet.
>>
>>9131409
this

just do practice problems.
>>
>>9131409
>There's no math gene

t. C student who needed to study for 2 weeks straight to pass his derivatives test

Kek. If you were actually good at mathematics and you saw how other people do math you would say there is a math gene. There is just an insurmountable difference between me and the average person. So much that if there is no math gene at play then that just means some powerful deity exists and has blessed me with knowledge. Seriously. It is like there being people who are tall as fuck and there being dwarfs and you saying "There is no height gene. People only get taller by practicing". There IS a tall gene and we can observe that because of the outrageous differences between height people show. If you think there is no math gene then that just means you are just shit at math and therefore you are not able to perceive the difference between being at the top and being some average retard.
>>
>>9131405
Don't fail.
>>
>>9131472
Stop being a retard, mathematics can be developed with practice. Some people are smart cookies, but that shouldn't stop you from pursuing your *insert here your course* degree.
>>
>>9131472
It's tempting to blame something outside your control for your failure, and the way people tend to talk about math backs up this way of thinking ("I was never a math person"). That doesn't make it any less wrongheaded. There are a lot of complex reasons why some people seem to find math easier or harder: differences in background, difference in attitude when trying to learn math, or and amount of time trying to study all make a big difference.
It's really funny to me that you assume I must be bad at math to have written something like that. I'm an honors student taking graduate level math at an elite university. Everyone at this level outwardly spends a tremendous amount of time practising and learning, there are no geniuses who don't have to really work to succeed.
But don't take it from me, take it from a supposed "math genius", Terence Tao,
>Does one have to be a genius to do mathematics?
>The answer is an emphatic NO. In order to make good and useful contributions to mathematics, one does need to work hard, learn one’s field well, learn other fields and tools, ask questions, talk to other mathematicians, and think about the “big picture”. And yes, a reasonable amount of intelligence, patience, and maturity is also required. But one does not need some sort of magic “genius gene” that spontaneously generates ex nihilo deep insights, unexpected solutions to problems, or other supernatural abilities.
>https://terrytao.wordpress.com/career-advice/does-one-have-to-be-a-genius-to-do-maths/
>>
>>9131503
>((((Terence))) Tao
sure, take the word of a kike if you will
>>
>>9131405
Easy.
Don't fail.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.