[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think about inorganic chemistry as a field?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1503761814340.png (552KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1503761814340.png
552KB, 1280x720px
What does /sci/ think about inorganic chemistry as a field?
>>
Cooler and more interesting than organic, but it ain't were the big bucks are i think.
>>
>>9131203
You forgot to say "pic unrelated" because she is clearly an organic chemist.
>>
Lots of metals and lots of cube structures.
>>
>>9131213
This. Really cool, but you're better off with analytical chemistry as a career if you're not doing research.
>>
>>9131213
Depends. Inorganic chemistry is good for catalysts for all sorts of things and coatings for batteries or solar for the time being. Organic (pi conjugated) and inorganic can do the same things but with different properties and pros and cons.
>>
>>9131203
Organic is better for money because it's all natural hippie bullshit. People don't want to use unnatural chemicals, heavy metals, etc. so companies are sticking with organic chemists and ditching the inorganic dudes. Also organic is cheaper since like the chemicals come from plants and animals. They're like extracts of natural things. Inorganic is cool but hippies killed it. Sorry, brah, that's just how it is.
>>
>>9131377
Are you alright?
>>
>>9131379
Just venting, brah. It's just you know like I like the old style where lead and other metals were cool and people weren't afraid of radiation. There were all kinds of pipes and dangerous hot liquids under pressure. Now a modern chemical plant is literally a farm with transgenic plants and some reactors to extract some organic compound. Or it's some vats of pond scum with fertilizer or a fucking brewery. I miss when chemistry was about pressure vessels, holding tanks, valves, leachate fields, etc. and the lab was filled with heavy metal compounds that worked good but we can't use anymore because of the the environment. Inorganic is cool, too. It's not all about organic. Stupid hippies ruining everything again
>>
>>9131385
I don't think you have ever been in academic lab or in industry.
>>
>>9131452
well i think he did. Damn hippies. never the less, veggies get 1/3rd of its energy from ATP and most chem plants won't go further than 31% of termic efficience(carnot), so i call it a tie.
Inorganic is still more rad
>>
>>9131203
just be careful around inorganic, inorganic volatiles are some of the most toxic compounds
>>
>>9131385
inorganic has tons of interlap with materials chemistry, which is on the rise right now. Hippies didn't kill shit, fuck your oversaturated field you faggot.
>>
>>9131479
>What is VX?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.