[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explanation for time itself?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is time manmade? Is time itself nonexistent? Or has time existed for an infinite period beyond our comprehension before the Big Bang. Whatever it seems, I have come to a series of possible theories that may be beyond comprehension. The big bang theory, in itself is our theory of how the universe in general was created. It's the beginning of time for the creation of the universe and galaxies alike for the past ions. However, what if the big bang theory not only created the seemly endless universe, but also the creation of time, linear time. When the Milky way Galaxy was created, our planets where made from the reaction from the Big Bang theory. Earth, and other planets in our system revolved around the Sun, and that drove life for our planet, but it also drive us into creating time, which drove our evolution. (The suns up, gotta hunt, the suns down, I have to sleep). Think of the big bang for a moment as a rock being dropped into a pond with still water. When you drop the rock straight up, the rock smashes right down into the water. creating a huge "splash", and then ripples. Think of the big splash as the rxn from the Big Bang, and the ripples, which represents an ever expanding universe, which is never ending due to Newtons Law ( An object in motion, stays in motion). This ripple created unlimited reactions in the universe, creating stars, planets, and well you get it. The ripple effect in the pond is never ending when you look longer, it never rebounds unless it hits the bank. The ripple not only created the universe and galaxies, but is also drives time, and because it drives time, time is linear. Which is also why there is wormholes, they are like the ripples that rebound when they hit a boundary, or a the bank of the pond. What if time is continuous, due to the the infinite expansion?
>>
Time and space are the same thing. Time is an effect of the movement of matter. As you go faster time slows down; at the speed of light there is no time.
Theoretically, if you go faster than light you go backwards in time.
>>
>>9129385
This is completely incorrect pop-sci
>>
Alright ya noobs, I'm settling this time travel hoax once and for all.

First and foremost: Time is an arbitrary notation created by man. If the whole concept were to die out, none of our (correct) maths would be any different. All you're giving meaning to is MOTION. Same with energy, there is no such thing, just different forms of motion. Kinetic energy is a pleonasm.

Now back to time. How the FUCK would you translate said arbitrary time notation to a machine somehow connected to space-"time"?
Pro tip: You can't.

>Time is not a physical "thing" in the universe.

Unless you manage to install a framework in the universe with a functional API it's not happening. Yes, mass and speed (same thing) slow down motion but that's it. You can slow down your RELATIVE MOTION as opposed to others but that's not time travel. There's no destination as defined by con-artists getting grant money for fake/stupid study and spend it on booze and cocaine (like my money).

Get over it. There's no such thing as fucking time travel. Niggers.

Also, time TRAVEL implies a destination. Beyond our high level, abstract communication method (which I'm not fond of either). Tell me, where exactly is next week? or last week? Break out the maths faggot, oh, you can't. Because even Einstein didn't predict destination-based time travel. And none of his maths allow for a stable "wormhole".

Checkmate muggles.
>>
>>9129647
You have it backwards. Motion is whats arbitrary not time. Calculus is the mathematics of change but newton viewed it as motion specifically. Thinks dont have to move to change and calculus encapsulates this in many areas.
>>
>>9129579
It's relativity
>>
>>9129383
Time, and for that matter everything within the universe is a construct of your brain. We each carry our own universe with us. When you die, we all die. The universe dies. Time dies.

So I suppose I'm saying it doesn't really matter. Only you matter.
>>
>>9129383
Yes.
Everything we do within time can be considered a time man made. Time exists.
It has existed so long as existence has existed.
The expansion is finite but time is continuous. Especially if multiverse is real. It takes genius to realize that everything must come to an end. It takes balls to accept it. It takes a miracle to overcome it. It takes magic to win against death.

Did I ever tell you the story of Darth Plageus The Wise?

:3
>>
>>9129647
Entropy is the key.
>>
>>9129972
It's not. You can't have a frame for light in sr. You can't go faster than c in sr. Also, time travel to the past and future don't exist in any form.
>>
>>9130280
Time travel to future is as easy as going 99% of c. You feel 1minute pass, and 2 billion years went by for the destination.
>>
>>9129383
Everything exists, even if it's nothing.
>>
>>9129972
Lol no it isn't. What you said is a mixture of bad exaggeration/misrepresentation and outright nonsense. Read an actual textbook
>>
>>9129647
Wait. Is this a copypasta? Pretty sure I saw this exact thing posted word for word sometime around 3 months ago.
>>
Time is real. \thread

Things decay, things age, time is a function of reality.

Time is not a "man-made concept". If you believe this,
Then your comprehension skills are that of a frog.

The rest of this mumbo jumbo bullshit people are spewing is theory.
But the facts are that there is a time factor that moves one direction.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.