[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is metastability?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: frist.jpg (6KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
frist.jpg
6KB, 275x183px
what is metastability?
>>
>>9128619
Depends... what is consciousness?
>>
>>9128619
No fags here will know
>>
>>9128621
Depends..what is a faggot?
>>
>>9128630
You ?
>>
File: faggot.png (3KB, 335x83px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.png
3KB, 335x83px
>>9128632
then you are my asshole's consciousness
>>
>>9128619
Evolution of weakly coupled systems along a heteroclinic channel. Unresolved instability and critical slowing.
>>
>>9128643
Huh? There no better threads to troll wagecuck?
>>
>>9128649
you are the one derailing the thread low life form
>>
>>9128654
Answer the thread question cock boy
>>
>>9128656
Fair enough.

If the energy states of a coupled system are drawn on a graph, you will see there are hills and valleys. The lowest of these points is called the ground energy state of a system, that has the configuration that allows the system to maintain this.

Now if we are talking about dynamical systems, given with the initial energy given to a system from some source, the system can traverse through these hills and valleys. In such a state, if the initial energy is high enough (or low enough, depends on which side of the valley you are starting from), the system's state may get stuck in another valley. This valley would have a higher energy level than the other valley I've mentioned, yet the energy remaining would not allow the system to escape it. Without additional energy, the system will stay indefinitely in that higher energy valley. That is called metastability.

As >>9128644 pointed out:
These metastability points are weakly coupled systems and the absolute minimum states are strongly coupled systems. The latter has a greater stability and that's the reason why we call the former "metastable".
>>
>>9128669
And the entropy? How do we minimize free energy
>>
>>9128682
Through organizing and building more complex materials,AKA information
>>
>>9128690
Hmm i see. Saddlepoints
>>
>>9128690
>materials
or systems but you catch my drift
>>
>>9128696
You've got it lad. Watch Strogatz' Nonlinear Dynamics course on YouTube
>>
>>9128703
So is the brain a metastabke system?
>>
>>9128619
Faux-stability, like your mental condition.
>>
>>9128729
No. Madness is.
>>
>>9128740
Or my cock
>>
>>9128778
Brilliant Mycock Holmes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.