[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Handedness and intelligence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 17krnlb9coeiqjpg.jpg (39KB, 800x467px) Image search: [Google]
17krnlb9coeiqjpg.jpg
39KB, 800x467px
>Right-handers have marginally higher IQ scores than left-handers: Systematic review and meta-analyses.

>The relationship between intelligence and handedness remains a matter of debate. The present study is a systematic review of 36 studies (totaling 65,519 individuals), which have measured full IQ scores in different handedness groups. Eighteen of those studies were further included in three sets of meta-analyses (totaling 19,744 individuals), which investigated differences in standardized mean IQ scores in (i) left-handers, (ii) non-right-handers, and (iii) mixed-handers compared to right-handers. The bulk of the studies included in the systematic review reported no differences in IQ scores between left- and right-handers. In the meta-analyses, statistically significant differences in mean IQ scores were detected between right-handers and left-handers as well as right-handers and non-right-handers, but were marginal in magnitude (d=-.07 and d=-.06, respectively); the data sets were found to be homogeneous. Significance was lost when the largest study was excluded. No differences in mean IQ scores were found between right-handers and mixed-handers. No sex differences were found. Overall, the intelligence differences between handedness groups in the general population are negligible.

A lot of memes debunked in https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28826694.

How come two groups with such differently organized brains end up with the same intelligence?
>>
>>9127952
>How come two groups with such differently organized brains end up with the same intelligence?

The answer is obvious. All humans have the same intelligence. Your quote says so. No sex differences in inteligence, no race differences in intelligence. We all have the same intelligence.
>>
>>9127958
How I knew someone would get butthurt about "No sex differences were found." when it's a known fact it's very hard to find IQ differences between sexes when you actually use IQ tests to measure intelligence.

Focus on handednes or fuck off.
>>
>>9127962
I am not butthurt. I am saying that no sex differences exist. You are the retard for pretending like there are differences between humans. We are all the same.
>>
>>9127965
>We are all the same.
Can you stop strawmanning.

All I am saying is no significant sex differences were found, just like in most studies relating to actually measuring intelligence through IQ tests and not proxies.

Just like in the above study of handedness?

Judging by your butthurt you might be left-handed whose illusions were shattered.
>>
>>9127971
I am actually left handed and right handed because they are the same. I am also a woman and a man, black and white all at the same time because there is no difference between any of these categories. We are all 100% equal. Thanks for sharing the good research
>>
>>9127952
>>Right-handers have marginally higher IQ scores than left-handers: Systematic review and meta-analyses.
LEFTISTS BTFO
>>
>>9127974
Take your pills
>>
>>9127989
Yeah. I just took my pill. The fucking redpill!

REDPILL: ALL HUMANS ARE 100% EQUALS

OP just gave us the research!
>>
>>9127989
He's right to mock this though.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.