[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Physics of a tsunami

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: MSPA,Tsunami.png (40KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
MSPA,Tsunami.png
40KB, 1152x648px
Yea so i watched one video with tsunami , and i thought what if you are on top on a building when a tsunami hits it and then jump so the impact wouldn't hit you and you would land in the water how does this work?here's the representation
>>
>>9126705
Yes, the initial impact would not kill you since you'd be falling like 5-10 feet into water. What will kill you is all the debris in the water that will act like the world's worst meat grinder.
>>
these look fun honestly
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3604428/The-Survival-Capsule-designed-withstand-tsunamis-earthquakes-hurricanes.html
>>
File: Baby Winston Churchill.jpg (17KB, 381x380px) Image search: [Google]
Baby Winston Churchill.jpg
17KB, 381x380px
Ok what if you Jump right before it hits and bodyboard down the stunami?
>>
>>9127756
>end up in goku's capsule at the bottom of the ocean and everyone 300 years later thinks you're a cosplayer
I'll pass
>>
File: 7636437_orig.jpg (124KB, 520x322px) Image search: [Google]
7636437_orig.jpg
124KB, 520x322px
>>9127760
You still get ground up like hamburger by debris.
>>
>>9126705
Tsunamis push inland up to about a kilometer so jumping over the initial wall of water would still send you careening into the land. Also, it would probably be more dangerous as you would be out of control completely and would most likely get slammed into buildings and cars while swimming with all the hysterical and displaced sea life. Nobody would be able to save you once you hit the water.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.