[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did we let the writers get a hold of Philosophy? So many

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Why did we let the writers get a hold of Philosophy? So many of the worlds and societies issues could be resolved through philosophy and the spread of knowledge and ideas. Instead its this masturbation tool by psueds, it was the root of knowledge at one point. Now its just an edgy husk of itself with neither any concern for ethics or the betterment of self or mankind.

Philosophy in academia is a circle jerk

Philosophy outside of it is just rationalization and non-sense that wants nothing to do with Math or the Sciences.

And in both cases is mostly just roleplay.

Why did we let Philosophy become so useless? To clarify I'm not saying that it is, I'm asking why are we letting it be useless.
>>
democracy
>>
>>9125955
It fell into the hands of the herd.
>>
Then you haven't read enough. Sit through the damn entry-level philosophy and keep reading. Ask /lit/ to hold your hand if you need to.
>>
Philosophy is gay outside of drunkeness
>>
>>9125955
I remember the bike lock guy who broke some random guy's head at a protest had a Ph.D. in philosophy and ethics.

I think the solution to philosophy is to get a government list of everyone with a bachelors degree in it or higher and then to commit mass genocide. Then we burn the work of all philosophers that came after the Renaissance and we start from 0.
>>
So did art, music, politics etc

The rejection of intellectualism is a symptom of a dying society. But it goes both ways because the sciences also reject these things

Back in the day art, politics, science and philosophy went hand in hand. Now we have a whole generation of faggots who think intellectuals can't do art because their brains are "too logical"

And the science community accepts this without a whimper which is wrong. Art, creativity, politics, philosophy and science go hand in hand
>>
>>9126079
kek, /lit/ is the absolute worst for philosopy
>>
>>9126221
So is this board. But that one has less faggots who blindly fling shit at the discipline because they haven't even read up on entry-level concepts (plus they got shilled by hard sciences meme).

And philosophy is not a collective body of knowledge anyway. It's methods of thinking (how you determine morality or whether an occurrence is good or bad, as per normative philosophy). And that is just one of its many subsets.
>>
File: IMG_0135.png (333KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0135.png
333KB, 1024x904px
>>9125955
>Philosophy in academia is a circle jerk
Actually you are just illiterate and have no idea what goes on in the ivory tower. Philosophy is more rigorous and applicable right now than it was at any other time.
You can't access things like this because the prerequisite knowledge acts like a pleb flitter.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169023X96000158
>>
>>9125955
How much philosophy have you ACTUALLY read?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.