[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the golden ratio overhyped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 9

File: material-BU7cTZ9H.png (101KB, 401x312px) Image search: [Google]
material-BU7cTZ9H.png
101KB, 401x312px
Is the golden ratio overhyped?
>>
>>9122453
yes
>>
>>9122453
yes
humanities fags popularised it in ignorance and memes
>>
people slap the golden spiral over any old logarithmic spiral and just pretend not to notice it doesn't fit

see: OP pic
>>
it's a forgotten art.
>>
>>9122453
Nope, it's maybe the simplest irrational number that represents a geometrically meaningful quantity.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (185KB, 720x922px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
185KB, 720x922px
>>9122453

Not exactly.
>>
Does it even have any other significance than its aesthetic qualities? I know it pops up in nature a lot but does it have any other importance?
>>
>>9123655
Hello schizophrenia
>>
>not using feigenbaum constants
>>
File: 1499434225163.jpg (23KB, 498x456px) Image search: [Google]
1499434225163.jpg
23KB, 498x456px
>>9122588
Wow, life isn't perfect?
>>
>>9124347

https://youtu.be/U-at-y3MicE

Don't be afraid of knowledge.
>>
>>9122588
What if the spiral in OP's pic is not a golden spiral?
>>
>>9124341
Us humans love things who are symmetric and harmonized
>>
>>9124546
I don't know where that picture originally came from, but it is definitely stated to be a golden spiral in lots of places around the internet. I'm not going to waste time estimating the positions of those dots to see how good the fit is.
>>
Yes. It's just a pattern that happens to work well for a number of organisms. There are other patterns that occur naturally and don't get nearly the same hype as muh golden ray-she-oh.
And lots of people mistake Pascal's triangle and logarithmic spirals for the golden ratio.
>>
File: fibon.numbers[1].gif (4KB, 411x196px) Image search: [Google]
fibon.numbers[1].gif
4KB, 411x196px
>>9124855
Wonder if those people are onto something.
>>
>>9122453
In a way it is but that's not to discredit the entire idea behind geometry and it's implications on a single creator.

Past masters definitely saw a life force behind every living thing. You could say that they saw traces of our creator's fingerprint in nature.
>>
>>9124483
>It doesn't matter if it's true or not so long as my preconceptions aren't getting challenged
>>
>>9122453
Yes. For example, golden spirals almost never occur in nature. Your picture is a simple exponential spiral, but if you show someone a spiral they won't know the difference.
>>
File: pareidolia bugs2.jpg (42KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
pareidolia bugs2.jpg
42KB, 500x300px
>>9125066
Also, that's one specific shell, not the average shell. There are so many, it's not hard to find one to which can fit basically any curve.
You can "find" any pattern in anywhere, if you are obsessed enough. Pareidolia is not only about human faces.
>>
>>9124885
Indeed, brother. There is life force in all of us and our creator's fingerprint culminates in it's magnum opus - thai ladyboys.

Thank you, Jesus.
>>
File: Code_de_la_Bible.png (13KB, 447x302px) Image search: [Google]
Code_de_la_Bible.png
13KB, 447x302px
>>9125091
Yeah, I'm sure the Bible writes about thai ladyboys, too. In hidden, secret code, of course, but you can find it.
>>
>>9125094
Does Bible foretell the emergence of catgirls?
>>
File: prn.png (43KB, 632x368px) Image search: [Google]
prn.png
43KB, 632x368px
>>9125165
Searcheth and you will findeth. The Bible is full of dirty things. I'm sure you will find what you need with the help of Jesus (and this handy website: http://www.biblecodewisdom.com/).
>>
>>9124485
don't be afraid to take your meds
>>
File: 6753.jpg (21KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
6753.jpg
21KB, 360x240px
>>9124485
What the fuck is this shit? Do you propose this here as science?
The source is this very high quality scientific journal: https://www.sciencenews.org/article/mathematical-lives-plants
Pic related is their "explanation".
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.