[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Law of Attraction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

hey /sci/ what do you think of ideas like the Law of Attraction?
especially when it comes to altering one's reality
>>
>>>/x/
>>
>>9120553

this is about as real as ghosts and demons
>>
>>9120553
>Psychologists and New Ages Thinkers
Alarm bells start ringing
>You attract good or bad experiences based on your thoughts
Your mind doesn't affect reality; to think it does is absurd. Confirmatory bias may cause you to notice more of the good or bad if you think that things are going to be that way, but the same amount of food and bad experiences will still occur; only your perception of them will change.
>It's better to trust your emotions than over-think a decision
This is poor advice
>>
I believe there is some plausibility to the idea. It is more or less what /pol/ calls "meme magic". For example, I have come to believe that my permavirginity is because I often fall victim to my depression and post shit like ">tfw still a virgin" in those kinds of shitposting threads, thus further perpetuating that circumstance in my reality. Like a self defeating mindset, if you look at things from the point of view that you'll hate them then you probably will. Ultimately about as testable as anything related to religion and superstition though and I'm just a somewhat spiritual person in general, so there's bias involved.
>>
2 types i have seen. One is "you should focus on the good in your life rather than the bad" usually with the promise that it will bring more good into your life, but which is good advice regardless

The other is latent schizophrenia
>>
File: tfw.png (2MB, 2000x1859px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
2MB, 2000x1859px
ITT: brainlets who can't into reality manifestation through quantum waveform collapse mediated by one's connection and unity with the universal source of consciousness

brainlets... when will they learn
>>
>>9120553
Your brain is more powerful than you give it credit for, but the "Law of Attraction" is just a meme being touted in order to sell self-help literature. This all started with "The Secret". Stay the fuck away from it.

The best lesson to take away from it is:
>don't count yourself out
>>
File: 1501323880713.jpg (170KB, 736x744px) Image search: [Google]
1501323880713.jpg
170KB, 736x744px
Let me put it this way... Its not a coincidence that the global elite are all into occult symbolism and weird kabbalah shit.
>>
>>9120553

It's all about Will. In 2017, the only frontier is you.
>>
>>9120553

>It's better to trust your emotions than rationally come to a logical decision

Into the >>>/trash/ it goes.
>>
>>9120553
>>>/x/
>>
>>9120553
Magical Thinking 101
>>
its definitely possible for thoughts to influence your own subconscious and conscious actions. not really /x/ at all. it isnt affecting the world directly, but it just makes you more likely to seek or avoid things. really basic idea imo.
>>
>>9120581
>>It's better to trust your emotions than over-think a decision
>This is poor advice
its not actually, although id say instinct instead of emotion, but there are studies that have shown that for some types of decisions you get better results if you make them quickly vs overthinking it.
>>
>>9121238
do i have to be Jewish to get into Kabbalah?
>>
>>9122863
Come on
>>
>>9120553
Good things
Avoid bad think,guilt or negative self judges.
Avoid I don't want X to more precise I want X
Start single focus and allow self critics non toxic
Mental tricks use successful or wise people.

Bad things
Universe love you
Magical think
Buy books,conference and couches
Cult like organization.
>>
File: 1503133655169.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1503133655169.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>>9120553
retarded af, if you think this is even remotely real you are a brainlet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.