[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So a solar eclipse is when the moon is between Earth and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (32KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
32KB, 720x720px
So a solar eclipse is when the moon is between Earth and the sun, and a lunar eclipse is when Earth is between the sun and the moon. But what is it called when the sun is between Earth and the moon? A terrestrial eclipse?
>>
An apoca-clipse.
>>
File: jjjlol.jpg (28KB, 801x534px) Image search: [Google]
jjjlol.jpg
28KB, 801x534px
>>9120435
>>
>>9120402
No, it's called the sun.

If the sun is between the earth and the moon then both the earth and the moon are inside the sun.
Distance between earth and moon = ~240,000 miles. Diameter of sun = ~800,000 miles
>>
>>9120435
winrar
>>
>>9120402
>A terrestrial eclipse?

If you lived on the Moon you would probably call it this, yes. Bear in mind the Earth would be very much larger than the Sun as seen from the Moon, so their "terrestrial eclipses" would essentially just be fully dark, they wouldn't get that cool corona effect we get on Earth.
>>
>>9120402
My favorite 'I was only pretending to be retarded' joke to tell around science buffs is that I explain that a lunar eclipse is when the moon is front of the sun, and a solar eclipse is when the sun is in front of the moon

>>9120435
lel
>>
>>9121333
>pretending

Don't worry Anon, your secret is safe with us.
>>
>>9120402

Didn't the Pokemon manaphy movie actually make the sun come over the moon in a "lunar eclipse"
>>
>>9120402
What happens if the total eclipse of a sun made of lava and the total total eclipse of a sun made of ice collide?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.