[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been offered the option to learn an advanced math topic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: ape thinking .jpg (8KB, 248x204px) Image search: [Google]
ape thinking .jpg
8KB, 248x204px
I've been offered the option to learn an advanced math topic at school
Topics I'm offered are: differentiation, integration, and complex numbers
Which topic would be best for me to learn?
I'm thinking of studying physics at university next year btw
>>
File: baby-orangutan-thinking.jpg (133KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
baby-orangutan-thinking.jpg
133KB, 300x450px
I'm also considering studying oceanography next year, so when taking a biology course next year at uni, should I take a cell biology course or an animal biology course?
Which one would be more important for studying the deep sea?
>>
>high school
Oh sweet summer child...

Just pick up a book on calculus and have them help you with that.
>>
>>9117956
Winter in my country
What's a good book on calculus?
Preferably something with basics, because I haven't learnt calculus yet
>>
>>9117962
So there are like 10 equivalent intro books in literally every topic that all cost $200+. I think for caclulus though, the most favored freshman level book is Stewart's Calculus. That's what I used.

Once you learn that you'll find a lot of intro physics seems pretty straightforward. If you want to study it, it's a good idea to learn calculus when you have the chance and then to start reading a few physics books.
>>
>>9117972
Thanks for the recommendation man, but how come Stewart Calculus isn't high rating on online reviews?
>>
>>9118000
I don't know. Maybe it's hard? Maybe /sci/ is just mad people aren't using Rudin.
>>
>>9118003
https://www.amazon.com/Calculus-7th-James-Stewart/dp/0538497815
the commenters often say it is too confusing for learners
Is this true? Or are those commenters dumb?

btw what is Rudin?
>>
Just read some pdf online nigga
>>
>>9118021
Have you got a link to a good beginner pdf calculus guide?
>>
hijacking this thread

in order to transfer to my current dream uni next year (freshman atm) I'll need to take 3 to 4 math classes concurrently my second semester, and it looks like that's all I'll be doing then. Have any of you tried this before, and is it a good idea or will i buckle under the load? Here's what I'm looking at now:
1. Calc III
2. Diffeq
3. Linear Algebra
4. Intro to Higher Math (might be able to skip this one)
>>
>>9118031
I think you should defer differential equations.
>>
>>9118039
I can't really, since it's a required course for my transfer program. I could still apply as a regular transfer student but I have a much better chance this way.
>>
>>9117940
you are admitting to being a minor by calling those subjects advanced.

you will not understand any of them without the others
>>
>>9117940
dont listen to>>9118054.

Where I come from its customary to learn differentiation before the other two.
Dont worry about the choice to much because if you intend to study physics you will run into all of them anyways.
>>
>>9121042
Thanks for the advice man
I'll take the differentiation topic
I'll learn integration and complex numbers next year along with physics at uni
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.