[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

space language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: space-baby.jpg (613KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
space-baby.jpg
613KB, 1280x960px
When humans start colonizing space, what language sholud the newborns speak, and why should it be latin?
>>
>>9115010
Newborns can't talk retard.
>>
>>9115012
Well the future generation then
>>
File: 1498716681195.jpg (310KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498716681195.jpg
310KB, 1080x1080px
>>9115010
>and why should it be latin?
The fuck.
>>
>When humans start colonizing space
this is not happening
>>
Whoever contributes the most money to the colonisation missions, their language will be taught in space besides english.
Thus probably English, Mandarin, Russian, Arab, Spanish, French, Hindi or German (altough the later three are unlikely) .
>>
File: 600px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png (3KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
600px-Flag_of_Esperanto.svg.png
3KB, 600x400px
the only answer is Esperanto
>>
>>9115010
I dont know which they should, but they will use Mandarin.
>>
>>9115134
Only realistic answer ITT
>>
>>9115010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loxian
>>
>>9115094
>>9115236
Just thinking that latin has a possibility to become the world language because of the size of the catholic church, and its usage in many scientific fields.
>>
>>9115010

Delta-V
>>
>>9115010
Interslavic obvioisly
>>
Should be lojban

or ithkuli
>>
File: the-world-is-changing.jpg (41KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
the-world-is-changing.jpg
41KB, 610x343px
>>9115134
And, whoever gets to mars first have a good chance of choosing the united human language.
>>
English is the only real language..
>>
>>9115010
Smh, we need to actually teach them Old English, the only real language tbqh senpai.
>>
It's going to be English. Face it.

Reasons not least of which is all of the major programming languages are in English too.
>>
>>9115010

Russian and English. Like..you know...every astronaut does already.
>>
>>9115212
Esperanto is cancer, like holy shit, its the worst and the ugliest language i've ever seen.
>>
>>9115598
Ithkuil is such an artwork. I worry that it'd degenerate into a more colloquial dialect in just a few genertions though. The language is just too complicated for 99,9% of people to master.
>>
Whilst not the most spoken language in the world, English is the most common 2nd language in the world. It's only natural that it will become the standard in any cross-nation ventures, such as populating other planets.
>>
>>9115010
Why do you think Latin isn't the most spoken language today?
Because it's outdated.
>>
>>9116268
latin it's not outdated, it's simply pretty fucking tough to learn and no one on earth actually speaks it which makes it kind of useless for day-to-day communication
>>
File: 1502554436321.jpg (410KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
1502554436321.jpg
410KB, 1024x683px
>>9116237
>99,9% of people to master
I just read the wiki article. Apparently not even the creator has mastered it.
>>
>>9115010
Whatever language their parents speak? Why people change their language just because they're in le epic space?
>>
>>9115212
I want jews to leave.
>>
>>9116318
Whoever gets to mars first will probably choose the language of the colony, and the generation born on mars aint gonna crave cultural ties on earth
>>
Variation of English or Chinese
>>
>>9115010
I'm pretty sure Russian is the lingua franca of outer space, all space tourists have to learn it, I wouldn't be surprised if eeven American astronauts had to know some too.
>>
Most likely will be English (UK), primarily due to the progressivism in both global and American politics. The version of English that uses "Honour/Colour" over "Honor/Color" is generally accepted a snore universal as it's only the United States that doesn't use it and liberal movements want the US to be more like Europe. So, the European version of English with the word-crossability of German mixed in with some Russian and Mandarin phrases and individual words.
Give a couple colonisation missions and many years forward in Earth's history, this will probably become "Human Basic" or something of the sort, being not just the language of space, but also the most spoken language and language that is used internationally.
>>
>>9115212
>Make a scientific hybrid of languages
>It is worse than every component language
One of the greatest failures of the atheist community.
>>
>>9116282
>Not outdated
>Literally archaic
Latin has no advantage over Italian. And Italians are inconsequential.
>>
>>9115010
Probably some future version of english. It'll have improved spellings for a few words and some new words or something since it'll be the future ie: , someone -> somone, colour -> color, suck -> suk, (verb; To "brex" means to withdraw from a social situation or gathering in a purposely conspicuous and dramatic manor.), ("tuy" is a slang term for casual gay sex that totally isn't gay because it's considered aided masturbation with your best bro)
>>
the people saying latin in this thread haven't studied latin at all. Latin wasn't even meant to be a day-to-day language, it's incredibly difficult to follow in conversation and was really only used officially or in works of art, whereas greek was used more commonly day to day.
>>
>>9118014
its th best id-ea men, girls wil suk yu four dat.
>>
File: your-brain-on-latin.png (62KB, 350x264px) Image search: [Google]
your-brain-on-latin.png
62KB, 350x264px
>>9115212
>We need to break language down to the very essentials to accumulate for normies
Not very space-civilizationesque. What we truly need is a language complex enough to articulate ourselves in the highest detail.
>>9116268
>>9116282
>>9117963
>Latin is 2 deep 4 me :'(
Good, if latin becomes lingua franca, it's going to be the greatest brainlet barricade known to man.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.