[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you envy child prodigies?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: snug.jpg (129KB, 1275x715px) Image search: [Google]
snug.jpg
129KB, 1275x715px
Do you envy child prodigies?
>>
>>9112263
nah because they're usually social outcast autists that will never experience true happiness.
>>
No, because talent doesn't really exist.

Talent code is a good read.
>>
>>9112268

if that helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>9112271
lel, stay brainlet

Its just kids getting exposed to the right kind of practice at a young age.
>>
>>9112278

no, IQ exist, natural talent exist, don't be blind.
>>
also, it's incredile how yo retards need to find some justification like:

"child prodigies are autists anyway"
or "talent don't exist"

instead of accepting something so simple as:
"yes, there are people out there who are better than me"
>>
File: 1463852533289.jpg (120KB, 716x768px) Image search: [Google]
1463852533289.jpg
120KB, 716x768px
>>9112263
Yes and no. I envy the ones who not only were born brilliant but also had the luck of a good upbringing to facilitate their genius. I sort of was a prodigy at one point. I had a very poor education (public school) but still managed to be years ahead of my peers for a while and the school wanted to bump me up several grades around age 8 or 9, a trend that no doubt would have continued with proper guidance. Unfortunately, I had big problems at home and started hating life basically, causing me to pretty much check out and my grades began to reflect that. Eventually I got to the point where I didn't give a shit anymore, didn't even try to do the work or pay attention in class because I was basically suicidal every day. With proper guidance, I could have probably graduated College at 15 or so but instead, I dropped out of high school and got my GED.
>>
>>9112282

IQ tests are just a logic test and its a meaningless metric.

Natural talent doesn't exist, nobody comes out of the vag being good at things, rather a child might be exposed to a thing at an early age and it might ignite a fire pursue it.

A prodigy is literally just a kid exposed the right way has the right type of practice.

And if anything, the talent Boogeyman is what's helping most people sleep at night. Their own failures don't get highlighted as much, and the "talented" and the media only play it up because it makes them look enigmatic.
>>
>>9112336

>IQ tests are just a logic test and its a meaningless metric.

sorry, psychology disagrees with you

>Natural talent doesn't exist, nobody comes out of the vag being good at things, rather a child might be exposed to a thing at an early age and it might ignite a fire pursue it.

childish bullcrap, some people just have the right genes
>>
>>9112263
Sometimes, though more and more I find myself wishing I was a kid again, its horrible to think that I'll never go exploring the village with my friends and pretending to be terrorists and stuff, now everything so monotonous and it hurts to get up in the morning.
>>
>>9112268
>genetics doesn't exist when it goes against my beliefs
sure
>>
File: IMG_0242.png (81KB, 378x357px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0242.png
81KB, 378x357px
>>9112341
>psychology
>pseudo science
Hahahahahahahahha
>>
>>9112263
Yes, I was reading Evan's Napkin. I couldn't solve an exercise that wasn't even marked as hard for days. I don't even feel like the solution is obvious to me now. If I try to solve it again will I be able to? dunno

Also reading is so slow when you're not smart...
>>
>>9112336
What a fucking retard... Do you accept some people are retarded and they can't fucking learn no matter how hard you try? Are you telling me that everyone is either a normal person or a retard and that's it? No gradation between that, no chance that someone is actually smart. Somehow the laws of the universe prevent anyone from not being in those two categories. Holy shit, no wonder you're browsing /sci/ you fucking idiot.
>>
>>9112263

Fuck no, they say the dumbest shit imaginable sometimes. This is why intelligence and wisdom are in fact two different things.

Intelligence: How fast you can pick up new things.

Wisdom: How many times your ass has been around the fucking Sun.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.