[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Multiverse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (297KB, 640x344px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
297KB, 640x344px
So as I see it:

>Either there's only one universe/finite universes

>Travel between universes is impossible

Because if there are infinite universes, wouldn't every single universe be flooded by interdimensional travelers?
>>
File: dinkin.png (12KB, 962x718px) Image search: [Google]
dinkin.png
12KB, 962x718px
How do you know you're not an inter-dimensional traveler?
>>
>>9111893
Every single universe except the ones that weren't, which were.
>>
>>9111896
Because I think if I were just 'falling' from universe to universe, like with that mandela effect thing, I would have hit some kind of nightmarish hellscape by now. Or at least a universe where I was like, black or something.

Also, if there are INFINITE universe, there wouldn't be any free space in any universe because of travelers materializing in every single spot simultaneously.
>>
File: meme.jpg (41KB, 584x238px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
41KB, 584x238px
>>9111900
>he doesn't think this universe is a nightmarish hellscape
>>
>>9111901
We were going to end up as one, but I think Ultra sacrificed himself for us.
>>
>>9111893
>Because if there are infinite universes, wouldn't every single universe be flooded by interdimensional travelers?
No, because if there are infinite universes then the infinity of travelers and the infinity of destinations would negate each other.
>>
File: 1501520149069.png (272KB, 480x508px) Image search: [Google]
1501520149069.png
272KB, 480x508px
this thread is veering quickly towards the infinities argument rrr rr Rrreee ReR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9112023
I don't think that's how that works.
>>
>>9112023
If there are infinite universes and infinite travelers the likelihood of your universe being interesting enough to visit is essentially 0, especially considering our own universe has laws that may make it unappealing. The infinite variants of us that are looking for a new universe to escape heat death/vacuum catastrophe are not going to come to this one because it has the same flaws.

Of course this is implying there Is a multiverse and travel is possible
>>
>>9111893
>wouldn't every single universe be flooded by interdimensional travelers
What makes you think there aren't tonnes of inter-universal travelers in our universe? Did you think they'd eventually take up every square inch of the universe? They have infinitely many other universes they could go to. Or did you think they'd want to visit some dumb apes and announce their presence like we matter to them; like this is some sort of movie?
>>
What if you can travel between universes, you just can't control where you land in them? So 99.9999999...% of them just end up inside black holes, or stars, or floating in space?
>>
>>9111893
Depends if the theory of origin is correct.
If it is then multiverse revolves around higher energies and lower energies the closer or further you are from "Source".

The amount of energy required to traverse must be large. It would take exceptional power and knowledge of mathematics/physics to build a machine capable of channelling the energy necessary to rip a hole in our universe.
>>
>>9112416
>>9112508
You're forgetting that they may not even be able to control where they go, every first successful test is another traveler, and there will almost definitely be multiple per populated universe.
>>
>>9111893
There are infinite destinations as well as infinite travellers. So it is more about density/probability. Why would anyone want to travel to this universe when they can travel to the lasagna universe?
>>
>>9112558
Random travel
>>
>>9111893
You can't travel between different universes in the multiverse because they are spatially separated and FAR outside our causal patch.
>>
>>9112409
That's exactly how it works, brainlet. You're imagining we would get flooded by travellers because there are infinitely many of them but failing to take into account there are also infinitely many destinations for them to choose from. This is basically just Zeno's impossibility of motion paradox with universes in place of fractional distance. Motion isn't impossible even though you can repearedly halve a given distance infinite times because you'd be creating an equally infinite lessening of distance that'd cancel out the first infinity.
>>
>>9112553
>they may not even be able to control where they go
They'll figure it out.
>>
>>>/x/
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.