[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Standardized tests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: 1499227354763.jpg (34KB, 450x412px) Image search: [Google]
1499227354763.jpg
34KB, 450x412px
I got a 35 and I wanna kill myself. That was the easiest test ever. I can't believe I didn't get a perfect. I know people who are basically retarded who got over 30.

And yet the average is only 21 and I know people who've gotten like 12.

Is this not proof that people should just kill themselves? I'm pretty much the class clown. The poor kid who everyone thinks is dumb because I just have that sort of inbred look poor people get.

Our whole society is built on a supposition that things make sense. It is not even conscious, but it's generally assumed that while we don't live in a meritocracy, the cream eventually floats to the top.

But the fact that an idiot such as myself can score so high on a test that is basically for retards and yet retards still fail.. I guess my one area of limited aptitude is understanding how the fuck this could even happen.

And since I was told years ago that I was too poor for a good school, which I just found out was fuckin wrong, I didn't try any harder than I needed to. I have a pretty decent scholarship to a decent state school but fuck I can hardly look at people sometimes. The arrogance of people who aren't fit to wipe my ass yet think they're the shit despite not knowing shit because idk they had decent parents and they're in love with their reflection.

Fuck this gay earth
>>
>>9111785
kys
>>
File: 1486284559477.png (28KB, 898x409px) Image search: [Google]
1486284559477.png
28KB, 898x409px
Show'em anon
>>
File: 1500087208835.png (70KB, 645x729px) Image search: [Google]
1500087208835.png
70KB, 645x729px
>>9111785
>>
>>9111785
>smart but lazy
Somewhere there's some guy going to MIT who got a 23, but he's going to be richer and more connected than you, because he was smart enough to realize that he should work hard to make the most of his one and only life.

What's even sadder is you would have got the same grades or better than him with less than half the effort. You are living in natural talent easymode and you still managed to get beat by a guy playing in hard mode.

TLDR it's you that should kill yourself
>>
>got a 35 and is going to a "decent state school"

lol look at mr bigshot over here
>>
>>9111785
35 ACT? that's pretty huge. but doesnt mean shit unless you apply yourself, same with IQ.
>>
>>9111808
How am I supposed to apply myself if I'm not given the opportunity? I was told state school was my only option. I admit I'm a retard for trusting what my parents and counselors told me but fuck you I'm no smart but lazy guy. Fuck you for saying that. Take it back. I'm gonna make the best of myself at my retard school and one day I'll rule the world and give everyone Bentleys except you. Dick.
>>
>>9111833
>if I'm not given the opportunity

Not him, but what does this mean? Isn't "applying yourself" something that comes only from within yourself?
What does an external opportunity have to do with applying yourself?

I didn't do excellent in high school. Went to a local community college for 2 years, busted my ass and kept a perfect GPA, transferred out to one of the best engineering schools in the US with a huge scholarship. You could try the same thing if you go to a decent state school and do well in all classes.

If you can prove that you're from an intelligent person from a low-income background, admissions committees will shower you in money.
>>
>>9111842
>If you can prove that you're from an intelligent person from a low-income background, admissions committees will shower you in money.
I thought that too until middle school. I thought I'd hit the jackpot in the sense that I was poor enough to get free tuition at the best schools. But I wasn't placed in all honors (some though) and school was dreadfully slow. Despite that I would have done better but again I was told there was no point. I still did well enough, obviously. Plenty of extracurriculars, honors diploma, but only about a 3.1 unweighted. It's not like I couldn't have gotten much better grades. I didn't even apply to any good schools. My authoritarian father drove me around the state looking at state schools. I've actually spent the last six years in a pretty deep depression knowing that no matter what I'd be going to a brainlet school.

Then I start hanging out with this girl and she's going to Vassar for free and she explained that good schools are indeed needblind and offer full need.

I can forgive my parents for being so dumb as they never went to college but how the fuck does a high school counselor not understand financial aid.

I know it looks like I'm just blaming others but fuck me man I didn't know and solving 60 quadratic equations a night on paper when I can do it in my head was pretty tedious. I didn't do homework and spent all my time reading about shit on Wikipedia lol.
>>
>>9111863
i dont understand this post. Like >>9111842
said there is opportunity for you, just do 2 years in a state school and transfer out. Just because you didnt know what to do then doesnt mean you dont know now. At least you are self-aware. But stop blaming others for the condition you are in, that time is gone, you have to now just move forward.
also the caliber of your school doesnt mean shit in undergrad, especially if you plan on going for a masters or PhD.
>>
>>9111867
Ah well then I guess I'm not totally fucked sorry nevermind carry on nothing to see here
>>
File: 1502833579521.jpg (26KB, 400x462px) Image search: [Google]
1502833579521.jpg
26KB, 400x462px
>>9111863
>vasser
hahahahAHAHAHhAHahAHAHAAAAA nice she can have fun studying meme tier bullshit at a school that self identifies as a meme
>>
>>9111863
undergrad college doesnt matter kiddo if you just go to a good grad school
>>
>>9111785
so what? perhaps the test was shit?
>>
>>9111833
>How am I supposed to apply myself if I'm not given the opportunity?
You had the opportunity. You just talked yourself into squandering it and now you're trying to blame the man for it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.