[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Math learning aids window washing edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: math_aids.jpg (65KB, 304x375px) Image search: [Google]
math_aids.jpg
65KB, 304x375px
What kind of devices, electronic or non, does /sci/ use to work through problems? I'm thinking of getting a older thinkpad tablet or chromebook (/g/ meme) and throwing Debian on it (set and forget). I just need something basic to work out problems at this point. Not really into surface pro or ipad pro personally. I've also considered getting a large freestanding whiteboard or chalkboard for my spare room. I don't really need anything like version control or OneNote status at this point.
>>
Vim + Latex if you want to share your work
Pen + paper if you want to keep you work only for you
>>
>>9111311
In the previous term in my college I had to learn how to write simple code in Vim & basic command line for Linux.
It's ok, and very minimalist.
But Are there any better option than Vim & Emacs that I can use a mouse instead of only keyboard?
Sublime is proprietary. Atom & IDEs are fucking slow & bloated. VS Code is a spying botnet.
Any alternative minimal as Vim but with a nice grafical interface?
>>
>>9111335
maybe texmaker or texstudio or some similar will work for you
try googling for open source editors for latex and trying some to see which you one you like the most, in the end, it is only personal preference and adaptation
>>
>>9111335
Not really, the lack of the GUI is a big part of what makes vim, emacs and the like so much more responsive.

But using a mouse isn't "better", it's just what you're used to - force yourself to use vim more and you will become way faster than if you had stuck with using your mouse. Put vim plugins on everything (internet browser, terminal, window manager...), do all your programming in vim, do your note taking in vim, write reports in vim... and you'll be a pro in a semester. The earlier you master it the better because that's that much more time saved
>>
>>9111381 >>9111383
Thanks for (you)r advice.
>>
>>9111115
A pane of glass and some chalk, preferably used on a frosty, ambiently lit night with a camera on the otherside.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.