[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reading more = Better Grades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0140.jpg (41KB, 313x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0140.jpg
41KB, 313x470px
/lit/ told me to stop video games and start reading, it will help me understand concepts in physics better and improve my memory retention so that I don't have to spend such a long time recapping concepts.

were they right?
>>
What's your IQ?
>>
>>9110730
I didn't measure.
>>
>>9110725
Not if you're just reading fiction.
Tbqh there's a fair amount of games that can teach you more than /lit/s favorite fairy tales.
>>
>>9110725
My grades started tanking as soon as I quit video games and started reading. Generally video games help foster a competitive spirit that enables you to get ahead in subjects like Math and Science, however reading favours the literate mind to do well in useless subjects like English or Politics. Playing video games in moderation, studying hard and reading strictly non-fiction science books is the way to go.
>>
Stop listening to /lit/
>>
>>9110725
Kek, /lit/?
Do you also go to /x/ for your science education?

Anyway, reading practice is good, regardless. I'd just try to read something useful.
>>
>>9110725
They're right. Because reading more will make you a better and faster reader.
>>
>>9110725

Reading about physics constantly will improve your ability to read faster and understand better physics.
Reading fairy tales constantly will improve your ability to read faster and understand better fairy tales.
One does not transfer to the other no matter how much you wishfully think about it.
>>
>>9110816
>One does not transfer to the other no matter how much you wishfully think about it.
So you don't think reading mathematics or philosophy won't improve your ability to comprehend physics texts?
>>
>>9110755
What game can teach more than Brother's Karamazov or The Man Without Qualities or In Search of Lost Time or War and Peace?
>>
>>9110854
Those that are related to physics will improve your ability, those that aren't won't.
>>
>>9110918
Reading mathematics improves your logical thinking and reading philosophy improves your creativity and deduction skills, both are fundamental to the estimation of IQ and the higher the IQ, the smartest you'll be in physics, therefore they are correlated.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.