[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 1483674076976.jpg (796KB, 1962x2005px) Image search: [Google]
1483674076976.jpg
796KB, 1962x2005px
I was against making a thread for a small personal question, but here I am. Anxiety has the best of me and I need guidance. I'm currently learning ancient Hebrew and am going to start a crash course on Hieroglyphics with a private tutor soon. I wish to learn Cuneiform, but will definitely wait until I can confidently read ancient Hebrew.
Why am I doing this? I wish to learn the truth, I wish to find the beginning. I do not know what I believe and I will be embarking on a journey soon; that's what brings me here.
I wish to hunt for The answer to The question. Now I come to you.

If money were no object, do I shoot for Biology or Mathematics?
>>
>>9110417
Geology desu
>>
>>9110421
Think so? I was thinking of aiming to reach along the lines of genetics maybe? A combination of both?
>>
>>9110417
i live in Israel we are taught the old testament in old hebrew. i dot know if it was the 'ancient hebrew' you want to learn
>>
>>9110469
Yes, here in America we call it "ancient." Knowledge is lost here, there are over 82 different denominations of Christian churches in my city of pop 200k.
t. West Texas
>>
>>9110473
ever been to israel?
>>
>>9110475
I have not, I have traveled many places such as Italy, Greece, Spain, and Turkey. Is old Hebrew the same as Paleo-Hebrew?
>>
>>9110482
>>9110475
OP here, yes it seems so. Not sure why I asked when I'm sitting at a PC...
>>
>>9110475
What's your suggestion?
>>
>>9110482
no its different, the 'old hebrew' uses the same letters like the modern hebrew but with Punctuation marks and somewhat different grammer or spelling of words .
>>
>>9110417
>I wish to learn the truth,
Very good anon, this is always commendable but my question is: which truth? There are so many things we do not know, and not because of secrecy, conspiracies etc. It is just that we have not found it all out and perhaps we might never do.

I wish to find the beginning
Which one?

>>9110475
>ever been to israel?
Not OP but I'd like to. Your neighbours make me hesitate going for a visit. it is rather odd how all the interesting ancient sites are in troubled areas.
>>
>>9110417
Read Masks of God
>>
>>9110494
i live in tel aviv which is a very nice city, loads of things to do and its right next to the sea. Jerusalem is very interesting especially the old city. haifa is also a very old port city and really nice. you can drive to the syrian border and sometime you can see the fighting over there.
>>
>>9110504
israel especially is in a very troubled area because it is on a very sacred ground to the main three religions of the western world
>>
>>9110504
>>9110504
The truth of how we came to be. I believe it was entirely possible that life could have sprawled just as big as it did here on Earth, on Mars or even Venus during different times in our sun's development. I would like to find out what happened to Mars, why the concentration of craters covers only one side. But part of me thinks that I'm distracting myself from the real truth, the code that makes us (I know ez html and java script, so it gets my brain moving on that topic). But (I know, starting a sentence with a conjunction) then I start to think to myself about perception and how we know what we know, and maybe think I need to search within in the math.
>>
>>9110505
I will definitely look into this, thank you.
>>
>>9110515
There is also the wee detail about hot temperament...

>>9110518
Ah, the origins of life. It is a fascinating topic and I have an interest in that myself. I am not entirely sure how knowledge of ancient Hebrew will help you in this endeavour. I would have thought astro- and xeno-biology would be your ticket.

And yes, it has been seriously suggested life began on Mars and then travelled to Earth after a major impact. And Mars sure has seen a few of them as you can see from Argyre and Hellas Planitia. Likelyhood of spreading after such an impact is apparently greater in the outward direction than inwards so chances are that if life came to Earth from Mars then life has also spread to Titan, Europa, Iapetus etc.
>>
>>9110538
also its in a very cool location becuase its connecting the three major continents and the area have a large bio diversity (between the desert in the south and the green north - about 6 hours drive) in israel its mandetory to go to the army when 18 y/o and i was in the weather forecast unit in the air force so i studied the climate of the area. very unique
>>
>>9110538
It is suggested that the language you know determine how your brain is wired. We have vast amounts of our brain that is unused, and when you are young, you can pick up on whatever language is being used to explain the physical world around you by your parents. I wonder if maybe there is a way to somehow access the unused parts of our brains by raising a child under say, 4 languages? Vastly different languages that explain things in different lights, some that can't even translate into each other. Orally first, of course, and over time, to write and learn the symbols of an Asian language, while knowing the grammatical structure of an eastern/western language etc.

This could open completely new and unseen avenues of thought for the human brain.
>>
>>9110549
You could do a comparison of existing groups:
- The Dutch have to learn a lot of foreign languages (I think English, German and French)
- Scandinavians have to learn English, many also learn German or French
- In the UK they learn some French but most is quickly forgotten.

I am not sure any obvious intellectual differences result from this.
>>
>>9110417
>>9110469
>>9110475
>>9110488
>>9110497
>>9110504
>>9110505
>>9110507
Semites are the biggest liars in history. Despite themselves being the biggest slave traders in history, they blame Europeans for slavery (who were themselves victims of Semitic slavers). They also lied about six million Jews dying in the Holocaust even though every account for it has been debunked as physically impossible (such as packing an impossible number of people inside a "gas chamber" or the amount of gas needed to produce to kill everyone in the "chamber"). If you are still not convinced, lying to non-believers about their own religion is condoned in the Quran. Jews also have a similar concept.
>>
>>9110599
All of these languages are very similar and have the same root. I'm talking about languages that come from different parts of the world that have no similarity in them what-so-ever.
>>
Is this a bait thread?
>>
>>9111348
No, I was awake for 19 hours and decided to make a bread before I went to sleep because the anxiety from my reading yesterday got the best of me. Do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>9111328
Aha. In that case you can review Finnish who have to learn Swedish and English.
>>
>>9110417
If you're looking for full on truth, your answer will be in mathematics. Math fundamentally deals with questions of reasoning and logic.

If you want an easy Bachelor's degree with little to no job prospects, do bio. It will probably be interesting, but there are no questions core to our existence in biology.

Source: My sister and I are from identical educational backgrounds except my degree was math and her's was bio. She now works for $13 an hour at a clothing store. Meanwhile, I'm a grad student in math. My current pay at the university is $18.5 per hour, job prospects for my research focus are also very good (Bay Area California).
>>
>>9112167
>If you're looking for full on truth, your answer will be in mathematics.
Does that truth extend beyond mathematics itself?
>Math fundamentally deals with questions of reasoning and logic.
Sure, of the mathematics itself. it does not explain the fine structure constant, the speed of light or the size of Planck's constant.

>If you want an easy Bachelor's degree with little to no job prospects, do bio. It will probably be interesting, but there are no questions core to our existence in biology.
Get a PhD and things change a lot. And with CRISPR/Cas9 I expect the genetics industry to get a renaissance after the abortive period in the 90's.

Also Physics is a study where you really want a PhD to get the interesting jobs.

>Source: My sister and I are from identical educational backgrounds except my degree was math and her's was bio. She now works for $13 an hour at a clothing store. Meanwhile, I'm a grad student in math. My current pay at the university is $18.5 per hour, job prospects for my research focus are also very good (Bay Area California).
NSA is the largest US employer of mathematicians. Not sure if you can ever leave an employer like that.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.