[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tissue Nanotransfection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Tissue Nano Transfection.jpg (68KB, 1023x575px) Image search: [Google]
Tissue Nano Transfection.jpg
68KB, 1023x575px
>It's called Tissue Nanotransfection (TNT), and while it's only been tested on mice and pigs so far, the early signs are encouraging for this new body repair tool - and it sounds like a device straight out of science-fiction.
https://www.sciencealert.com/new-nanochip-devices-could-heal-organs-with-a-single-touch
[thinking intensifies]
am i right to be skeptical of this /sci/?
>>
File: IMG_7328.jpg (39KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7328.jpg
39KB, 640x519px
I've seen the videos explaining the "science of it," and they all pretty much say the same dumb thing. "You just out it on your skin and zap it up and the electricity heals you."
You're not wrong to be skeptical. I've been watching videos of this all day ever since TechInsider on my YouTube subscriber feed uploaded a video on this.

It just doesn't seem legit. Almost makes me wonder if it actually does something else, but this is the sales pitch.
>>
Popsci sites are diluting the research.
>>
>>9110094
> uses an intense electrical field to deliver specific genes to the tissue underneath it
This makes absolutely no sense, discarded as rubbish.
>>
>>9110447
Ha, I though the same thing
doesn't really explain how it works and clearly zapping skin with electricity isn't it
>>
>>9110447
Using electricity to deliver drugs is an actual thing, I remember some idiot on a hairloss found some articles about it because he wanted to deliver a 5α-Reductase inhibitors to his scalp without anything of it reaching his prostate without considering that he could instantly brick himself.

That being said I've become completely disenfranchised with all of this shit since once every 12 months UNSW says "we can cure any disease ever with stem cells lmao XD XD XD gib moni pls"
>>
>>9110447
this is an old technology, actually. look up "in ovo electroporation". it's a similar idea to bacterial transformations: you expose cells to a solution containing a plasmid, you shock the cells, and a small percent of the time you end up shoving the plasmid into the cells
>>
>>9111364
>>9110447
>>9110450
>>9110118
>>9110094
>being fucking brainlets who don't even look up the actual paper

>This tissue nano-transfection (TNT) approach allows direct cytosolic delivery of reprogramming factors by applying a highly intense and focused electric field through arrayed nanochannels, which benignly nanoporates the juxtaposing tissue cell membranes and electrophoretically drives reprogramming factors into the cells (Fig. 1a–d).

>b-but electricity can't do that though!!11!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrophoresis
they figured this shit out back in fucking 1930 or so, you have no excuse to not know.
stop relying 100% on fake news and popsci blogs. being a brainlet is a choice. you are brainlets because you do not take the time to read the paper. get the fuck out of /sci/ piggots (that's a portmanteau of "pig" and "faggot" -- it means pig-faggot)

>>9111543
They mention it in the paper, actually. This technique is very accurate and precise, unlike the old one.
>In contrast to current in vivo transfection technologies (for example, viruses and conventional tissue bulk electroporation (BEP)), in which gene delivery is highly stochastic in nature and could lead to adverse side effects (such as inflammatory response and cell death), nanochannel-based transfection enables more focused (Fig. 1b,c) and ample (Fig. 1d) reprogramming factor delivery at the single-cell level, thus making this a powerful tool for deterministic in vivo gene transfection and reprogramming.
>>
File: shockley.jpg (217KB, 598x354px) Image search: [Google]
shockley.jpg
217KB, 598x354px
Just in case by some chance some of you actually do not have access to the journal (i.e. a minority of you, the majority of you are mindless, lazy brainlets), here is the condensed rundown

Your body has a bunch of cells just underneath the skin which are "generalized" i.e. no specific function. They wait to heal injuries to your body, and can turn into other cell types when they receive "instructions".
"Instructions" are written in the form of molecules we call "factors" that make the cell transform.
We've known for a long time that if we could get the into these cells, we could control them and turn them into neurons, blood vessels, etc. The old methods for doing this (e.g. viruses) were unreliable and dangerous.
Now, it looks like we found a good way to do it.
Scrape the dead skin off, line up "arrayed nanochannels" (think of a bunch of really tiny straws all bunched up) above the exposed raw skin (using a small patch), and then apply a small shock. The factors are sucked into your cells and activate them.

It gets better.
"Instructions" are shared between your cells using "extracellular vesicles" which are like messengers. During a wound healing, your cells send off vesicles to nearby cells, to tell them to convert and help out.
This means that...
>TNT-based tissue reprogramming has the potential to ultimately enable the use of a patient's own tissue as a prolific immunosurveilled bioreactor to produce autologous cells that can resolve conditions locally/on site or distally upon harvesting.
...after TNT is applied, those vesicles are produced, and can be extracted. Then, they can be inserted into another part of the body to stimulate regeneration there.

Incredible, miraculous stuff is about to be possible, but of course /sci/ has no clue about it. Too busy worrying about whether their tiny white brains are the smartest or not. Sad!
>>
>>9111629
Only thing that's sad is your shilling of magical fucking pseudo science.
>>
>>9111670
Which is the part that's pseudoscience?
>>
>>9111670
You are right, it's too long for your piggot /pol/ brains

Here are the keywords for you

Fibroblasts - what we target
Reprogramming factors - what we put in
Electrophoresis - how we put them in
Neurons / Blood vessels - what fibroblast turn into.
Result: you heal.
Bonus: Extracellular vesicles come out. We can take them and implant in other part of body to heal you there.

Back to /pol/ now.
>>
>>9111717

yeah but can this make my weenie larger?
>>
>>9110094
>Lol nanomachines, son. Let's all turn into robots and shit xD

Hey how about we simply evolve our biology/cells to be less dumb? how about that? I mean we started off biologically, our planet is biological, every living and inaminate thing is biological.

How much longer until mammals finally use the birds' superior reproduction system?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.