[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question about sources of light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

what's the central aura of light in a bright source called along with the diffraction spikes surrounding it colored differently?
you can typically see it with stars, the sun or virtually any bright source of light.
>>
>>9110039
It's just called diffraction spikes. I guess you could call the source a point source, I don't believe there is a word that encapsulates them both nor a need for one.
>>
>>9110337
Nah man, there has to be terminology for the type of optical features the eye perceives.
>>
lense flare? lol?
>>
File: auraoflight.png (811KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
auraoflight.png
811KB, 1200x900px
>>9111070
Lemme highlight it.
>>
>>9111075
The sun.
>>
>>9111079
The sun is the source of the light. However, any focused sources of light would produce the same optical phenomena. The sun's disk is hidden by the overwhelming, centralized and luminous light.
>>
>>9111084
>the sun's disk is hidden by the sun
>>
>>9111075
If you're talking about that hazy glow you get from bright sources that makes it unseeable, That'd be the bloom.
>>
>>9111085
You're fucking retarded.
The sun's disk is hidden by the luminous light produced by it. The centralized ball of light is not unique to the sun.
>>
>>9111094
Those are called "street lamps."
>>
File: Elephants_Dream_-_Emo_and_Proog.jpg (67KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Elephants_Dream_-_Emo_and_Proog.jpg
67KB, 1024x576px
>>9111091
>bloom
Are you sure? I thought bloom was like a lighting effect of the surroundings.
>>
File: fsxbloom.jpg (140KB, 614x384px) Image search: [Google]
fsxbloom.jpg
140KB, 614x384px
>>9111101
No, bloom is entirely post-processing in computer graphics. It has nothing to do with the world it's in other than how bright the thing it's looking at is. Imagine like looking at a blurry picture on top of another picture, but where light colors are more opaque than dark colors.

Bloom exists on both light sources and things which light has bounced off of, such as a car's reflection of the sun. The bloom would not be shaped with the car's surface/normals though, as the bloom happens in the camera.
>>
File: solarbloompls.jpg (501KB, 1339x610px) Image search: [Google]
solarbloompls.jpg
501KB, 1339x610px
>>9111106
I see. But I still can't find accurate, realistic rendering of the sun's own bloom for some reason. Google searches only ever give me dumb shit such as this which lead me to believing otherwise.
>>
>>9110039
>>9111094
Its chromatic aberration and overexposure, isn't it?
>>
File: whiteflare.jpg (17KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
whiteflare.jpg
17KB, 256x256px
>>9111122
>chromatic aberration
you mean like this?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.