[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

understanding math formulas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6954.jpg (702KB, 2936x1281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6954.jpg
702KB, 2936x1281px
understanding math formulas

i consider myself one standard deviation more intelligent than the avg person (and i could name a few interdisciplinary accomplishments to prove that)

yet when i decided to get into machine learning - and not just learn some software packages but actually understand the concepts behind it - i quickly realized that i totally suck at math.

i mean i flip through a book on ML and it's full of this kind of stuff and i have not a CLUE IN HELL what it means.

what would be the best way to get started to understand mathematical notations?

mind you, i understand the operators, like the brackes, the dividing line, what the E sum means

but i do not understand the actual meaning of the formula

and those books are full of them and dont explain anything (not blaming them, i know it's my fault not to understand)

---
so basically my question is:
do i just have to focus my ass and keep reading books on ML and at some point it will make click and ill understand

OR

do i need to start at some far more basic, unrelated topic (sth like advanced calculus idk)?

---

would there be any quick-to-consume literature i could check out? i tried searching my uni's library for "uni math for beginners" or "math formulas for beginners" but didnt find anything

thanks in advance!
>>
>>9108064
>E sum
>dividing line
>brackets
>meaning of formulas
>math is about formulas

dog I don't give a shit about the "interdisciplinary accomplishments" you got from being on the honor roll of your back end high school, you are clearly either a brainlet or 15-16 years old. You jumped into material that's too advanced for you and think the material is only advanced because the notation is intimidating, it's not, it's advanced because it's advanced. If you're going to learn a new subject, start from the beginning.
>>
>what would be the best way to get started to understand mathematical notations?
how about studying some math?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.