[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you interpret probability? I see the probability of an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: uijt_jt_b_dsz_gps_ifmq.jpg (18KB, 360x239px) Image search: [Google]
uijt_jt_b_dsz_gps_ifmq.jpg
18KB, 360x239px
How do you interpret probability?
I see the probability of an event occurring as being the maximum amount of money I would bet on it in order to win $1.
What's your interpretation?
>>
Amount of ways an event can occur / Amount of possible events
>>
The theoretical frequency of outcomes that will satisfy the considered event when the experiment is repeated infinitely many times (as a Cesaro mean).

>>9107729
Hello there, 11th grader!
>>
>>9107729
What's the probability of hitting the exact center of a dartboard with a 1-dimensional dart in continuous 3-d space?
>>
>>9107738
[math]\frac{\infty}{\infty} = ?[/math]
Indeterminate
>>
>>9107738
I've never attempted this before but I'm willing to try and most likely fuck up. Would I need to know board radius and distance from throwing point?
>>
>>9107754
Let board have radius r, distance is irrelevant.
>>
There are a finite amount of different chains of events that can occur at any given instance in which I choose to flip a coin. Each chain leads to the coin either landing on heads or tails. About half of the chains lead to the coin landing on heads, and the other half leads to the coin landing on tails. Therefore the probability is 50/50.
>>
>>9107751
It's 0 brainlet. There is an infinite number of ways for the dart to hit the board, but only one exact centre.
>>
>>9107862
You're right. I was thinking of the bullseye on a dartboard, not the actual centre.
>>
>>9107761
Ah shoot, I can only think of it as volumes where distance is needed; maybe surfaces but distances would still be needed. How can you do it disregarding distances?
>>
>>9107738
What's the probability of correctly guessing the number I am thinking of?
>>
>>9107862
It still can occur
>>
>>9107733

>I paid 100k for a Math degree, so I've got validate it online by insulting others!!!
>>
>>9108145
>>
I would say that it is a measure of feeling that the event will occure.
>>
>>9108151
He wasnt cometely correct, in statistics it is called "almost never".
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almost_surely

0 probability doesnt mean that the event never occures, it means that if we try to assign a measure to our feeling of how certain event is, the measure will be 0.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.