[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Optimization Problem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1427911938166.png (940KB, 1708x860px) Image search: [Google]
1427911938166.png
940KB, 1708x860px
A machine combines 3 classes of parts into an assembly.

All 3 classes can have many different types and can be used multiple times on the same assembly.

The final assembly doesn’t necessarily contain all 3 parts.

The machine can only hold X types of class1, Y types of class2, Z types of class3. The machine must be stopped to change out the part types.

How does one determine the most efficient way to group the types to minimize changeovers?

Would appreciate any insight or resources on how to solve this type of problem.
>>
>>9107654
Can you just post the actual question? I can't answer your generalized version because it's leaving out most of the information I'd need to solve it. I'm not even really sure exactly what you're asking to solve the way you phrased it, like do the different classes have different rates at which they'll end up needing to be changed out and do they cost different amounts? Basically just post the original question as is without the paraphrasing.
>>
File: example.png (14KB, 643x317px) Image search: [Google]
example.png
14KB, 643x317px
so say you have to make a 1000 pencil assemblies of varying designs. Your assembly machine can only feed and infinite amount of one type of blank at a time, 3 types of metal rings and 2 types of erasers. How do you determine which types to load with eachother to minimize changing out types
>>
>>9107708
>changing out types
What determines when you need to change out types?
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.