[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you took two identical slabs of freshly hardened concrete

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

If you took two identical slabs of freshly hardened concrete and poured X amount of water on one with the average pressure of a person pouring water from a bucket to a surface ~3 feet below said bucket and set an ice cube made of X amount of water on top of the other and let it melt which slab of concrete would erode the most?

I would figure the ice cube'd slab because it's being wet for a much longer period of time but it's still the same amount of water right?
>>
The first. Erosion by water is caused by a combination of the amount of water and the velocity of it. With the quantities matched, the added velocity is going to provide extra erosion.

It's also worth noting that repeated freeze-thaw cycles can crack concrete and significantly speed up erosion, but in your case it's just going to be a single cycle and probably won't have much effect.
>>
>>9105531
That's a pretty intuitive answer that makes sense to me, thanks anon.
>>
Well that got resolved

Now what do we do next?
>>
>>9105589
Teach OP some grammatical rules. wew
>>
>>9105515
Ice slab would erode faster because the erosion rate is enhanced by liquid water getting into little imperfections in the concrete then freezing and breaking the concrete up as it expands.
>>
>>9105515
Pour some isopropyl alcohol on it if you wanna fuck it up.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.