[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightmares and dreams

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (6KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
6KB, 1920x1080px
As a kid, when I had nightmares it was terrifying. I woke up drenched in sweat and enveloped in such pure fear I could do nothing but huddle under the covers and cry for my parents.

Now as an adult, I don't know when it happened, but I simply don't have nightmares like that anymore. After falling from a height or being caught by a monster in a dream, I might wake up groggily then fall back asleep in five seconds and barely remember it in the morning. Basically nightmares give me zero fear response anymore. Is it because after fully developing, my brain is aware of the fact that shit like that can't possibly be real and would just hinder my real life? As a child, I imagine there might be evolutionary benefits to simulating scary situations like that so if it happens IRL I can react to it better, having experienced it before.

Also, what got me thinking about this was that I had another of these dreams just last night in which I found myself and strangers being chased by dinosaurs in a large building. We started running down the staircases at which point I found my mother staggering around having being bitten by a zombie (The dinosaurs chasing us had become zombies). As a zombie was chasing us, I pointed at a door for the strangers to go through and I held my mother and tried to draw away the zombie toward our direction. Then the dream ended as I shut my eyes and waited to die.

This dream really got me to do some introspective contemplation about who I am as a human person. I've never thought of myself as a particularly brave and good person but apparently I am! I'm like a hero that sacrifices himself and all.

Can I trust this dream and believe that I'm actually a really good person inside? Also why don't they scare me anymore? In real life situations like that would make me shit myself. And in dreams I certainly can't tell what's real or not (I've tried to get into lucid dreaming and it's happened a few times but most of the time I only know when I wake up).
>>
>>9104262
nice blog post
>>
When talking about dreams just describe the feelings, the content is pretty useless.

Your nightmares as a kid might have been terrifying but i had the same thing while awake, lasting hours and persisting after i left my bed from fear. I only say this because those same nightmares wouldn't scare me today, despite the complete lack of control i felt, today i would cope by realizing that it is not real, i have more life experience that would anchor me to reality unless of course it was a psychotic episode.

I also want to add that the dreams i have today that terrify me aren't nightmares. They are bizzare, exploit some fear i have about life, existential, social, or personal. They are just scary enough to not wake me up but when i do wake up i feel "bad" and remember the dream in a dysphoric sense.

What this tells me is that dreams have real implications for current personal feelings, but determining what that means is entirely up to you.

Personally i dont think you are a good person. i think you should consider the possibility you are a psychopath and maybe even a sexual deviant. Do not reproduce
>>
>>9104262
I've started to look at dreams as training in a simulation.

My problem is that I usually recognize that I'm dreaming then wake up.

What's weird is that if my "real" body is in the presence of external stimuli while I'm sleeping, these stimuli are seamlessly incorporated into my dream. I can feel/hear my fan in my dream. If my "real" body is too warm or cold, I have these sensations while dreaming (usually a warm or cold setting in the dream).

I've also woken up in the middle of a dream to experience sleep paralysis. I could only move my eyes to look around my room. Shit was scary as fuck. I just closed my eyes and went back to sleep like 10 seconds later.

Also if my alarm wakes me up in the middle of a dream, sometimes I can hit the snooze button and go back to sleep and continue where I left off in the dream.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.