[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UFO sighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Gallery_Iridium_f.jpg (18KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
Gallery_Iridium_f.jpg
18KB, 290x200px
Hi /sci/ I hope this is the right board but I didn't want to post on /x/.

I was in my yard watching for the meteor shower (only saw two) and I noticed a light flash to my northwest. I thought it might be an airplane and I was bored of looking for meteors so I was going to watch the airplane. It wasn't an airplane though, I'll try to describe it. It flashed once about every 30 seconds. It wasn't a really quick blink but it had a fast buildup and fade, took less than two seconds to build up from being invisible to full light intensity then fading back to being invisible. It seemed to be regular at around once every 30 seconds. There were no other blinking lights like an aircraft, it was just nothing, flash of light, nothing for 30 seconds, flash of light, repeat. At first I thought it was stationary but it was moving, very slowly. So i sat there and tracked this thing for probably 20 minutes. Same pattern the whole time, it would flash, move just a little, flash, and move a little. It moved across the sky though by probably 45 degrees. As it seemingly got closer to me there were a few quick flashes with no fade over a period of a couple minutes then it just stopped. I could tell it was at an extremely high altitude, probably in space. When it flashed it's brightness was like a bright star. The color was whitish yellow. It wasn't a normal satellite in orbit, I've seen those and they move much more quickly. What could it be?
>>
>>9102573
A tumbler. Space junk that is slowly tumbling and/or spinning, catching and flashing sunlight down to you.
But... 20 minutes is a hugely long time. Are you sure about that?
>>
>>9102577
It was at least 20 minutes. My dad came out to see if I was seeing meteors and I said no but pointed out this thing to him. He watched it for maybe 5 minutes and said he'd never seen anything like it, commented it was too slow for a satellite and that it was way the hell up there. He went back in and I watched it several more minutes until it stopped.
>>
>>9102579
Well, I'm at a loss. I would've grabbed my binocs and had a better look. My only other guess would be an airplane coming towards you, so motion is foreshortened.
>>
>>9102587
Definitely not a conventional airplane, if that's what it was. I think it was probably slow spinning space debris too, after reading a little about it. I wish I had grabbed the binoculars but I was 100% focused on not losing sight of it. It would have been hard to catch in the binoculars though, when it wasn't briefly lit it was completely invisible.
>>
>>9102573
A drone taking pictures
>>
>>9102748
This.
How could you tell that "it was at an extremely high altitude"? You can't.
>>
>>9102748
That was no drone.
>>
Without 5 sigma certainty in your observation you can fuck off.
>>
>>9102748
why the fuck would someone enable the flashlight when taking pictures from a drone
>>
>>9103503
Why not? A better question is: why the fuck would someone enable the flashlight when taking pictures from a UFO?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.