[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which interpretation of QM is correct? And consequently, which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1315615342002.jpg (51KB, 676x673px) Image search: [Google]
1315615342002.jpg
51KB, 676x673px
Which interpretation of QM is correct? And consequently, which cosmological model makes the most sense (big crunch, heat death multiverse)?
>>
>>9101425
We don't know which one is correct, and heat death seems the most likely but we still have a lot to learn before we know anything like that for sure
>>
>>9101425
As you can understand from the word "interpretation", the answer is not clear, and it might never be. Right now, which interpretation you choose to accept depends on your personal views.
Which principles are important to you in a theory - determinism? realism? locality? non-contextuality? Do you want the theory to be as simple as possible? (and what exactly do YOU count as simple?)
Answer these questions and you've pretty much chosen your leading interpretation.
>>
>>9101470
I want to know which theory gives the most accurate description of the real world.
>>
>>9101425
The "it's a cosmic prank" interpretation.
>>
>>9101493
The maths is the same for all of them more or less, if any one of them made some prediction different from the others it would have been tested and we wouldn't be talking about it, like for local hidden variable theories
>>
Tbh the axioms of QM are probably incorrect (dont know the correction) since they treat time completely different than space (((implying spacetime is a valid notion and not just what VERY large observers see)))
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.