[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What If I take a very large tank of water, large enough that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1411026355088s.jpg (8KB, 229x250px) Image search: [Google]
1411026355088s.jpg
8KB, 229x250px
What If I take a very large tank of water, large enough that adding a small drop of water would increase its level by less than the Planck length?
>>
>>9100912
So your tank is 1.2 million million km across. Level would not increase (< Planck length).
>>
>>9100912
They use this kind of effect for building telescopes, adjusting on certain wavelengths.
>>
>>9100912
Seems to me that at those scales, graviational effects would be dominant.

You'd struggle to make your Planck length measurements over the noise of all the fusion you've just caused.
>>
What is this dumb fixation with the Planck Lenght?

The Planck Length is NOT fundamental on any level, we do not know if the length in space (and thus space) is quantified... The planck length is just an arbitrary constant of length as would be the length of a wood plank.
>>
"level" is a macroscopic optical illusion.

you'd just be adding a few shuffing moecules to a pile of shuffling molecules , the positions of which would constantly be varying.

you could say the average y position of those molecules would increase, sure, but that doesn't have any physical significance.

Btw there isn't any particular reason to assume that there is anything non-continuous about lengths smaller than that of a planck length.
we kn
>>
>>9101062
t. brainlet
>>
>>9101062
>Lenght

found the Finn - they always write this word incorrectly for some reason
>>
>>9100912
Before we go back to arguing about the Planck length, can I just digress a moment to say I really, really likethis cat.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.