[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who is likely more intellectually qualified and intelligent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1492817538430.gif (710KB, 686x653px) Image search: [Google]
1492817538430.gif
710KB, 686x653px
Who is likely more intellectually qualified and intelligent?

>Someone with a Bachelor's in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Engineering, and Chemistry (can be done in probably 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 2.5 = 10 years)

>Someone with a Bachelor's in Mathematics, a Master's in Mathematics, and a PhD in Mathematics (can be done in probably 4+2+4 = 10 years)
>>
Why does this matter? Also, how the hell do you finish in 2.5 years? Summer courses all summer ever summer?
>>
>>9100754
I'm assuming 2.5 years to be conservative, since these majors have the first year basically all being overlap courses, and presumably there are some potential elective overlaps in later years adding up to 0.5 years each major
>>
>>9100748
>intellectually qualified
Qualified for what? Sciences? The former. Math? The latter. Obviously.
>intelligent
Let's not start this shit again...
>>
>>9101524
It won't fucking matter if all your multi disciplines are shitty memes.

Someone educated in Philosophy, Sociology and Gender Studies vs. a MD/PhD/DMD qualified maxofillial surgeon.
>>
Degrees are a shitty measure of intellectual ability. Any idiot can get degrees. Intellectualism should be judged by what you study on your own, outside of your degree.
>>
>>9102047
Degrees are just ways to limit the career market without them it would be a clusterfuck. Degrees are worthless honestly just paper that means you completed your course.
>>
>>9102047
>>9102054
>Muh "it's just a piece of paper"
>Not realizing it's about the courses not the fucking paper, the paper just proves you took the courses

The "piece of paper" crowd always gets me riled up
>>
>>9102047
What a dumb statement, even for summer /sci/
>>
>>9100748
Does it matter? Someone with either those combinations of paper should be able to get a decent job and/or research position somewhere, make money and possibly do interesting shit.
>>
>>9100771
Can confirm, doing Physics and Comp Eng in 5.
>>
2 bachelors is eh... more than 2 is fucking retarded
>>
>>9100748
Nobody intelligent would spend 10 years getting several undergrad degrees.
>>
>>9100748
Probably the second because the second already has publications in top journals about in contemporary research and also has a job as a professor, but the first one does not know enough of anything to publish anything relevant and is now overqualified for industry.
>>
>>9101534
I hate this Philosophy is a meme meme. It honestly must be one of the most universally misunderstood disciplines
>>
File: IyVvFQX.jpg (371KB, 737x749px) Image search: [Google]
IyVvFQX.jpg
371KB, 737x749px
>>9103035
Same, also a CSfag here. Pic related.
>>
>>9103035
/sci/ is 90% meme posters and 10% people looking for discussion with only 1% being good at it
>>
I would go to the 2nd person for any questions regarding Maths. The 1st person for Chemistry, Engineering, and Physics. Intelligent? Who knows, give them both iq tests even though they don't mean shit
>>
>>9102996
>>9102996
>>9102996
>>
>>9100748
>Mathematics, Physics, Computer Engineering
Build new hardware
>>
>>9100748

Why the fuck would you study chem and CE? You can barely find two fields so far apart, there is pretty much no overlap in any specialization. CE and physics is already pushing it.
You have to specify your question in general, quallified for what? A career in some scientific field? Then obviously the second one, with the above mentioned reasons in mind. Now if you would throw in some degrees which actually complement each other with a masters in one of the fields, we could argue.
>>
>>9103035

There is nothing to misunderstand here, nobody needs your shitty major, thats why it is a meme.
>>
File: 1502360925132.jpg (93KB, 398x829px) Image search: [Google]
1502360925132.jpg
93KB, 398x829px
>>9103743

Other disciplines are built on implicit philosophical assumptions that are worth understanding. It's still a worthless major, but people seem to forget that it's worth reading into on your own, and that a lot of pure math, logic, and philosophy overlap.
>>
>>9103739
chem and cs are perfect for computational chemistry. it is a good combination.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.