[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian Roullete. 6 chambers 6 people 1 bullet. Does it matter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1009KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1009KB, 640x960px
Russian Roullete. 6 chambers 6 people 1 bullet.

Does it matter if you go first or last? Whats the best place to be in?

Same question but instead of a gun and bullets its a pill bottle with 5 sugar pills and 1 cyanide pill. Would you rather go first or last or some other number?
>>
>>9100470
Always last, because if the gun gets to you there's certainly a bullet in it.
>>
>>9100470
Last because there is a good chance someone will chicken out before you and the game will end without you losing life or dignity.
>>
>>9100475
Oh and the worst place is in middle since the weight of the bullet makes it more likely for the chamber to be stopped at the bottom, which is the middle.
>>
>>9100470
if you spin after every player obviously last.
if you don't spin after the first pull, unless i'm doing the math wrong, every player surprisingly ends up with a 1/6 chance of getting hit
>>
>>9100482
And in the cyanide situation?
>>
File: figure_1.png (23KB, 800x597px) Image search: [Google]
figure_1.png
23KB, 800x597px
I simulated a million games with python under these rules:

- There are 20 players
- A set player order is established and stuck to
- 6 chambers in the revolver
- The barrel is spun after each attempt
- If nobody is shot, the game ends

Results (x = your number in the order, y = fraction of the time you die).

The game ended without dead about 2.8% of the time. Theoretically this would be (5/6)^20 = about 2.6%.
>>
>>9100501
>Making a stimulation for something which can be perfectly described by 7 fucking characters.
Oh god.
>>
>>9100486
Cyanide is the same as Russian roulette with no spinning, dumbo.
>>
>>9100511
Brainlet detected

In the gun situation the game is over when the person dies

In the pill situation everyone gets a pill
>>
>>9100508

Not like it takes a long time to write a ~10 line python script. Also, not like I have anything better to do.
>>
>>9100516
Jesus Christ you're retarded. It doesn't matter if everyone gets a pill since only one is cyanide. There is only one bullet inn the gun so even if everyone shot the gun after someone died it would be the exact same result.
>>
>>9100526
>What is [math]A\vert B[/math]?
Fucking take stats 101 you retard.
>>
>>9100539
>>it's the same result whether you continue firing the emptygun or not
>hurr STATISTICS durr A|B
Yeah you sure showed me you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>9100526
>>9100539
>>9100548

if you don't spin then they are identical probabilitywise (not counting barrel physics) with everyone having a 1/6 chance
if you spin the gun after every shot, you have a (5/6)^n * (1/6) chance of getting hit, n being the number of players who survived before you

what the flying fuck are we arguing about
>>
>>9100574
If you go second you have a 5/6 * 1/5 chance
>>
>>9100582
if you don't spin the gun after every shot, yes. that simplifies to 1/6
>>
>>9100470
Last, even if you don't spin.
If you survive, you won't have to pull the trigger on yourself.
If the gun gets to you, you can accept your death with certainty.
>>
>>9100516
This. If there is only one bullet, and the guy before me gets shot, my chances of getting shot are zero.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.