[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I need to do to get into an ivy league school?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: stem.jpg (211KB, 1280x500px) Image search: [Google]
stem.jpg
211KB, 1280x500px
I'm 19 years old. Graduated from high school last year. Since graduation I've started up my own blue collar business. Alright so here's the deal, lately I've been considering trying to get into an ivy league school later down the road and I'm unsure if there is any possibility of being accepted. In high school I skipped and didn't do well my freshman and sophomore year and then I switched to an alternative school for the last two years and made good grades. I never took the SAT. Then I took two business classes just because we were able to get a ton of financial aid so I figured why not since it might help with starting a business but I didn't participate in the assignments and I failed the classes. Now I'm building up my business and making decent money and have not gone back to school since. I want to save up for a couple years and fund myself going to an ivy league school to get a degree in some sort of STEM field. Is there any way I would ever be admitted and if so, what are the steps I need to take to get there?
>>
Ivies don't let in students who don't know how to read.

>Reminder: /sci/ is for discussing topics pertaining to science and mathematics, not for helping you with your homework or helping you figure out your career path.

>If you want advice regarding college/university or your career path, go to /adv/ - Advice.
>>
Bra total retard myself I'd say your chances at undergrad are no. Try to get into the best school you can for undergrad and do the best you can and then go to the best school you can for masters and you might have a slim chance of going for phd but in my retarded opinion, unless you're a romantic underdog or a legacy, by the time you are good enough for a school like that you'll be good enough to not need it. Like y'know Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard because he literally didn't need it
>>
You have a 0% chance of an Ivy League undergraduate acceptance. Go to the best/most affordable state school you can and get good grades, do research, and build a good rapport with your professors. Think big fish small pond. Getting into and Ivy grad school at this point will be exceedingly difficult, but not impossible. Some accept 4 students a year , you're competing with the crime of the crop of the entire world . Don't go to an unfunded phd , if you're already in debt then you don't want to take on more . Hey I to the best program you can, even a bad one will probably open up opportunities if you really put your nose to the grindstone .
>Source: I go to Harvard
>>
>>9098977
ivy league is for a good boost for your career, if you want to get into academia/research. The actual education is pitiful, if you want a good education go to an eastern european university.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/adv/18611815
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.