[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is this a meme?
>>
No, it's quite a nice book, nothing extraordinary though. I liked it.
>>
>>9098285
worth reading, but overrated.
>>
can you repeat the question?
>>
>>9098350
Is this a meme?
>>
>>9098385
you must be under 18 to post on this website
>>
>>9098386
Is that a joke?
>>
Honestly, it's something that would be quite valuable for most undergrads to read and I wish I read it at that point. Instead I waited until I thought I had deep enough understanding of the subject matter it deals with so that I would actually be able to understand it, only to find that most of the book runs over the basics of ideas I'm already familiar with and then ultimately synthesizes a conclusion that I actively disagree with.

There is real value to this book, but I feel you have to basically not be ready to get it in order to derive the most from it.
>>
>>9098285
yes, it's pleb tier garbage
>>9098301
you're gay
>>
>>9098612
what's the conclusion?
>>
>>9098612
I had the same experience.
>>9098811
The author develops logic and proofs that you would find in an undergrad 200 level class then uses it to analyze music,art and computer science. There's quite a bit of philosophy in there too.

It's not a meme, the subjects are fairly represented but I was looking for something more substantive in his arguments.
>>
>>9098612

I read through half of it, was really interesting and thought provoking, but ultimately got bored of how repetitive it was and figured he wasn't going to form any kind of assertive, world changing hypothesis
>>
>>9098285

Its a meme.

You shouldnt need goofy puzzles or stories about artists to do philosophy.
>>
>>9098944

Re-read what you just wrote. If you know anything about anything, then you know that the type of thing that you just dismissed is exactly the stuff of philosophy.
>>
>>9100661

Ive read at least 5,000 pages of analytic philosophy alone, (I keep track). Its not the stuff of philosophy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.