[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lyft Parking Scheme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: unknown.png (318KB, 467x776px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
318KB, 467x776px
https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2017-lyft-parking-experiment/

no matter which way i look at this, mathematically it cannot work for the company? aren't they out of pocket $5k?

disregard the morally corrupt nature of this wealth distribution system.. please take a look, I'm tired and i want to die.
>>
>>9097313
so what if they are? They spend a little money for a less congested parking lot and to feel good about an environmental deed
>>
literally what?
>>
>>9097313
What are you talking about? They're making more money by charging for parking.
>>
>>9097355
but that's not what they're doing at all...

53 spaces
250 employees

$200 for a car park spot
(200 x 53 = $10600) added to a holding account

they then say, ít have employees, presumably all employees.. $100 in credits. 250 x $100 in credits = $25,000

the credits aren't spent, they don't really exist. so the people who bought parking used their $100 credits. so instead of $10600 from parking costs, they only got $5300 in the pot

they then gave the remaining employees who don't get parking.. $50 to help with public transport? Thats $50 x (250 - 53). 197 employees got $50 which was $9850

so the pot only had $5300 in it, but they gave out $9850

they lose money?

not to mention how morally wrong it is to make the people on lower wages drive, removing their option of waking up early and driving to work to beat the rush.
>>
>>9097313
>>9097328
>>9097349
>>9097355
>>9098454

>If someone didn't buy a spot, SHE got $50 extra

Who the fuck is "SHE"?
>>
>>9098454
This slide is your answer. They started raising the price of the parking.

So $275x53= $14575, So they eventually started breaking even while also getting additional tax benefits for subsidizing their employee's commute. And there are also probably some other fucky economics behind it that we aren't even aware of
>>
>>9097313
Seems a fuck ton better to incentivize carpooling instead. Considering their whole company is about driver-passenger logistics, pretty sure their employees could take turns being drivers and passengers in an organized way for guaranteed parking. And of course highways all around there have car pool lanes too. Sure, charging more and more money for parking is the easiest way, but doesn't exactly solve the source of the problem, which is 1 car 1 person.
>>
Wtf are you guys talking about
>>
>>9097313
this is actually a pretty good experiment, even if it doesnt really prove anything
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.