[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Calculus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0821.png (786KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0821.png
786KB, 750x1334px
to guarantee that all students have a basic knowledge of calculus, especially about the analysis of elementary real functions in one variable and the usage of finite and infinite series in computer science.

Description:
- Sequences and their limits

- Finite and infinite series and their applications in computer science

- Real functions in one variable

- Elementary functions and their properties

- Derivatives and integration of real functions

- Applications of real functions in one variable in computer science

Does that basic knowledge of calculis mean, it won't be too hard?
Are Paul's online notes a good way to prepare myself?
>>
well i won't lie to you, you have to study and spend some time to get familiar with the epsilons and deltas. But when thats out of the way most of the other subjects are pretty easy. Paul's online notes are fine, never worked out for me though
>>
>>9095245
Okay thanks, that's what I wanted to hear that it is possible if you study
>>
>>9095252
yes of course its possible, in fact if you stay focused and study efficiently until the continuity of functions, you will most certainly enjoy the class as well
>>
>>9095267
okay thanks that sounds motivating
>>
No, it means that you cover the basic tenants of calculus. You will go over limits, differentiation, integration, changing rates, and trig. identities.
This does not mean that they are "simple", but rather that they are fundamental to understanding calculus.

Is division easy? Some of it is, the simple and fundamental aspects of division seem trivial to you now. However, If you decide to divide the second integral of a function by some other random arbitrarily difficult function, suddenly division becomes a bit more challenging. This doesn't mean that division itself is a difficult process, but that it has the capability of hosting complexity.

In a similar manner, going over limits in Calc1 is comparatively trivial after you've advanced far past it. For somebody covering this material for the first time in their life, it is probably going to be difficult. In Europe, it is covered in highschool. In America, due to politics and things related to the Bell Curve, it's usually taught in college/university unless a student is exemplary in their studies.

If you are taking Calculus for the first time, it will be both difficult and interesting, as you will struggle to understand and apply the concepts, while at the same time seeing how they are used in your everyday life.
>>
>>9095245
That class description is babby tier. I'd be suprised if any delta-epsilon proofs are given in the text.
>>
>>9095245
epsilon-delta proofs in a calculus for comp sci class? no fucking way
>>
>>9095599
in my country they have ε-δ defs in other departments such as comp sci
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.