[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else find it kinda strange to study from ebooks?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Does anyone else find it kinda strange to study from ebooks? I have most books from the sci wiki but I honestly prefer buying the actual physical copies. Even with my lecture notes, I prefer printing them out and then studying from them. Is there a way to make pdfs more like physical books, ie able to bookmark, highlight, scroll easily, Maybe I'm just autistic and/or shit at adobe reader.
>>
File: evince.webm (1MB, 1098x1005px) Image search: [Google]
evince.webm
1MB, 1098x1005px
>>9095055
evince

I guess you can not name bookmarks, and the file has to be saved as a new pdf

safer and better than adobe though

my only issues with ebooks is that I worry somebody might have changed small details in it just to troll
>>
>>9095055
Never highlight a book. It's the most barbaric thing to do.
>>
>>9095204

Bullshit. If you want to get the most out of a book marking words and making notes ist necessary.
>>
File: file.png (490KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
490KB, 640x459px
Sounds like you need a Samsung® Galaxy® Tab!
>>
>>9095055

I know what you mean. Have you tried a tablet, with a stylus? I had a friend at uni who used to annotate lecture notes on that and it seemed like a good way to get the best of both worlds.
>>
>>9095055
The only problem with e books is you can't quickly turn back to a previous page without it being annoying. PDF readers should really take care of that. It's amazing how lazy developers are.
>>
My main concern with reading stuff on a screen is the possible strain on the eyes, but when I dim the screen it actually seems like my eyes are more strained because things aren't as clear. Is it better to not dim the screen then? I guess when you think about it, it makes sense. Just like how people tell you to read with proper lighting when it comes to reading physical books.
>>
>>9095055
I'd buy ebooks if the quality for equations and images wasn't shit even for Kindle editions of a book.

Plus most of the important books have no real electronic edition, just a poorly scanned version and that sucks.

Physics and math texts are better when you have the physical book itself.

If you are reading a non /sci/ related or some book which doesn't rely heavily on diagrams or equations, it's fine, I'd say.
>>
>>9095204
>A library book?
I agree

>A personal book?
Its stupid not to add your own notes and markings.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.