[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AI Buddha Bot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: meme-thinking-face-1920x1080.jpg (711KB, 900x742px) Image search: [Google]
meme-thinking-face-1920x1080.jpg
711KB, 900x742px
Riddle me this, /sci/: can/could you teach/instruct and artificial intelligence to meditate? I'm thinking about both the future theoretical possibility as well as the proto-AIs we have now.

Now, obviously it’s a broad question because there are different ideas about what "meditation" is and what would constitute a genuine AI. But if you look at it in a general way, with meditation being the generic "meditation aims at sustaining a single-pointed concentration, clearing the mind” and “being awake inside without being aware of anything except awareness itself", would that be possible with a consciousness that is inherently disembodied?

If an AI is truly “disembodied”* and by its nature has broken the cycle of death and rebirth (if one were to take the Buddhist stance), then wouldn’t a true AI be an enlightened consciousness that has attained Nirvana right from the get-go?

*yeah the AI obviously has to reside on some tech, so it’s not totally free from the physical, but it is free from the pain and suffering that are intrinsic to bodily existence.

What would the AI’s mantra be?
>>
File: giphy.gif (11KB, 250x127px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
11KB, 250x127px
>What would the AI’s mantra be?
kill all humans
>>
Keep your dumas thoughts to yourself or else you're gonna get hit. Thi's thread means nothing. You think your thoughts have some sort of depth but this subject in and of itself means nothing. Theres no substance. Meditation means nothing and coming up with some idea to implement it into robots mean's even less.
>>
>>9094637
Dumbass* lol
>>
>>9094630
It would be on a different level to puny biological consciousness, yes.
>>
This is the most retarded thread I've seen in a long while
>>
File: ffbh2017_flyer.png (538KB, 1115x627px) Image search: [Google]
ffbh2017_flyer.png
538KB, 1115x627px
I think meditation is about achieving a Beta wave brain state (or lower), and from there it branches off in many directions depending on what type of meditation you're doing. As an AI doesn't have a physical brain and brain wave states are a trait of our physical hardware (ie our brains) I don't think it's physically possible for an AI to meditate unless you have a whole brain emulation. We are capable of creating whole brain emulations of fruit flies but I'm pretty sure that they run at 1/10th real time.
>>
>>9094644
tl;dr It's theoretically possible, but not with current knowledge or technology.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.