[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I study evolutionary psychology in college (undergrad)?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: The_Little_Pink_Book.jpg (418KB, 928x708px) Image search: [Google]
The_Little_Pink_Book.jpg
418KB, 928x708px
How do I study evolutionary psychology in college (undergrad)? 90% of bio looks worthless. 90% of psychology looks worthless. 100% of anthropology looks worthless. I just want to study genes and their influence on us. Should Darwinists go full neuroscience?
>>
>>9094556
you sound worthless kek
>>
>>9094556
>evolutionary psychology
No one takes this field seriously.
>>
File: 1377929-calig9.jpg (22KB, 524x640px) Image search: [Google]
1377929-calig9.jpg
22KB, 524x640px
>>9094557
Did your girlfriend break up with you for studying biology?
>>
File: 1-24-1498302010.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1-24-1498302010.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>9094565
1) Agreed.
2) They should.
3) I'm not concerned about job prospects.

So how do I do it?
>>
>>9094568
no you sound worthless because you want to study a field and calling the main subjects in that field worthless. Also you think the study of genes and their influence is evolutionary psychology lol.
>>
>>9094577
Define evolutionary psych for me.
>>
>>9094581
why? what you're wanting to study is genetics.
>>
>>9094573
>They should
No.
>>
>>9094586
I fucked up. I've been reading the Red Queen, which heavily emphasizes genetics. I don't give a fuck about dna. I'm far more interested in the why behind human behaviors, and am strongly biased towards evolutionary psych descriptions.
>>
>>9094587
Why shouldn't they?
>>
>>9094591
Who let you in college? you sound stupid as hell.
>>
>>9094650
Anon, there's no need to be rude on the internet
>>
>>9094650
On a $20,000 scholarship too. My mother loved me anon, you'll have to try harder than that.
>>
>Psychologists get paid a lot
>Geneticists get paid a lot
Evolutionary Pychologists should get paid a lot by my logic.
>>
>>9094591
You can't understand evolution without understanding genes.
>>
>>9094675
I want a mix of genes and behaviors.

Neuroscience?
>>
>>9094556
>90% of biology is worthless

You must learn the 90% to abstractly understand the 10%
>>
Currently studying for a PhD in psychology here in the UK, and I've never actually seen a taught course or even module in evolutionary psychology. That's not to say they don't exist, but it's considered a pretty niche area unfortunately. Your best bet is to just study regular psychology or biology/genetics (let's be honest, the latter is almost certainly better), and then using your college's academic journal access to read relevant papers (e.g. in Evolutionary Psychology, Journal of Evolutionary Psychology, Evolutionary Psychological Science, Frontiers in Psychology: Evolutionary Psychology). I'm sure there'll be lots of academic books on the topic too, which you should also have access to. That way you can become an expert, AND have a worthwhile degree in a subject you really need to be able to understand if you want to understand evolutionary psychology anyway (which you probably wouldn't get on a psychology course, which have a fairly low requirement for biology, in the UK anyway)
>>
>>9094921
As much as it hurts this is 100% true. The last 10% is the good bits too.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.