[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sci/ during wartime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1502032880012.jpg (81KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1502032880012.jpg
81KB, 680x510px
If the shit hit the fan and the Selective Service started pulling people to enlist, what would be the best course of action for the ideal /sci/entist? "Ideal" meaning an 18-25 year old male who holds a bachelor's degree in science, math, or engineering. I assume the average /sci/ user (i.e., "self-taught" NEET) will be cannon fodder.
If drafted, would you be placed according to your ASVAB scores? Is there a chance to work in some field that isn't directly combat related? Would we better off enlisting in STEM-friendly branches preemptively?
>>
Aerosopace Engineer here,
idgaf i'd help design missiles
>>
they would put them to fly drones
>>
>>9094017
First by profession.
Then by ASVAB.
Yes.
Yes.
>>
>>9094017
If you get drafted, you won't be placed into a job because of your degrees or experience. Enlist now if you want the job you want.
>>
>>9094017
Also, STEM-friendly branches are few and far between and you won't get satisfaction at your job because:
a.) The military addresses everything at a level in which someone with a GED can understand (Since they allow people with GED into the military) And that isn't trying to make fun of the military, it's just that you have to make sure everyone is on the same page
b) Any type of military research is conducting in Special Access Programs which are extremely difficult to get into
c) cyber operations jobs are selective at entry level and will most likely already be filled in the event of a draft
>>
>>9094236
Meant to say STEM-friendly jobs, not branches
>>
>>9094017
id go live in my squat network in the ozark mountains. smoke weed and fish all day
id have a street legal dirtbike stashed away if i got bored
i took the psat instead of the asvab. im sure my scores would make the administrator cum
>>
>>9094249
also i would be burning flags and growing root veggies to supply protesters
id like to not be in the country at all. Part of me would feel morally obligated to stay and voice my dissent.
shit i would probably get out of it by being ideologically/psychologically unfit to serve
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.